PDA

View Full Version : Dumb Question

KentuckyRifle
08-21-2007, 09:15
I am trying to sell my GMC Sierra 1500 with the 6.5 Diesel engine. It is a Z71 extended cab. One of the guys that has emailed me about it has asked if it has the tow package. I cant find anything on the truck to tell me if it does, can anyone help me tell? Would it be standard on all the Diesel Sierra's?

moondoggie
08-21-2007, 09:44
Good Day!

I don't know, but I'd guess it oughta have a 2" receiver, trailer wiring, maybe an electric brake controller, etc.

"Would it be standard on all the Diesel Sierra's?" Maybe not on a 1/2 ton truck; I think on my 95's (both 3/4 ton) it was.

Blessings!

KentuckyRifle
08-21-2007, 09:47
It has the receiver and the connection for the brake lights on the back, I wasnt sure if that was an indicator of a full tow package or not. The gentlemans email said "Some trucks came with a trailer package that provided a transmission cooling package.". I guess that is what I am looking for here.

Turbine Doc
08-21-2007, 10:36
RPO codes in your glove box will tell you what the truck was built with when new, compare to the RPO code list in GM manual or paid members area also a slower find but doable is web search fo GM RPO codes

DmaxMaverick
08-21-2007, 11:57
If your truck has a hitch, trailer connector, and a tranny cooler, the answer is yes, although it may not be OEM.

Look in the golve box for your RPO list. If it has Z82, it has the OEM towing package. If not, it doesn't. As far as the GMT-400 Diesels go, the only advantage to the towing package is a hitch, rear trailer connector, and an external tranny cooler for some year models (most had them, some didn't w/o Z82). The Diesels already have HD cooling/radiator and dual batteries.