PDA

View Full Version : Mobil 1 application ???

GVWR
08-27-2007, 16:12
I bought my '06 LBZ (used) from a GMC dealer in Fairbanks, AK a couple of weeks ago. I manage to find the original owner and spoke to him over the weekend about the truck. He traded it to get the new body style truck and said he had no issues with the truck. No lemon he was dumping.

He did mention one thing that concerned me. The truck had ~18K miles on it and he said he did all the maintence himself during those miles. He'd go to WalMart to buy Mobil 1 and Fram filters for the truck. The problem I'm having is the WalMart in Fairbanks only carries the Mobil 1 formulated for gas engines, not diesels.

Should I have any concerns that the engine was run for this many miles on this oil?

No more Fram filters either.

I went to Anchorage over the weekend and picked up Mobil 1 5W40 Turbo Dielsel Truck formula and some Napa Gold filters.

rdlit
08-28-2007, 20:16
First of all, congrats on your new purchase. As far as using a non-diesel formulated oil, I believe it will not be an issue. The most important thing is diesel oil gets very "dirty", so regular oil changes are imperative if you want to get maximum life from your engine.

Ray......................