PDA

View Full Version : front driveshaft part #

matuva
08-27-2007, 23:41
Hi,

anybody can provide me with the GM (or cross reference) part # for a front driveshaft to fit a 1995 K1500, X-cab with 6.5 engine and automatic 4 speeds tranny (4L80E i bet)?

I have to find this part for a buddy but we're not sure about the part #.

We found this : http://www.cardone.com/English/club/products/webcat/imageinfo.asp?PARTNUM=659362

I think this is the one to get, but, the problem is that this part measures 39.563", and my buddy measure his (taken out from the truck) as 36.4"

We are located on an island in south pacific, so, when we order a part, we better get sure of wich one to get.

I'm not sure myself he did measure the part the right way, that's why I think the best and safest way to get it fine is to go with part #, at least by experience you can tell this is the right part :confused:.

Thanks for your help.

DmaxMaverick
08-28-2007, 00:44
I have a good one out of a 1995 K1500 gasser wreck. If you can get an exact measurement, and they match (they should), you can have it for the cost of shipping. Measure the main shaft, without the yoke, then measure the yoke, both of them from the furthest ends, without U-joints. The listed part is measured without the U-joints and flanges (which are not included), so if you are including them, it could explain the difference. The yoke is also sold separately. The part I have is complete, flanges, yoke, U-joints, and shaft. I don't know the condition of the U-joints, but they appear good. Cheap insurance would be to replace them. I can include a new set of U-joints for cost (installed or not), if you prefer. I'm sure the joints are much cheaper here, and the difference in shipping will be minimal.