PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a LBZ motor for a conversion

AustralianLad
08-28-2007, 06:24
Hi folks,
I posted on here some time ago looking for a motor but i struck a snag with importing an engine back into Australia. I have located a guy that goes to the US every 6 months and i am now looking for a 2006 LBZ complete with all accesories.I dont want a LMM due to our fuel quality in Australia. I contacted the salvage yards that More Power recommended and got one response back and i have contacted them again. My question is does any on this site know of any around besides Ebay or have a wrecked truck that they are parting out? Much appreciated folks and this website has been a great help. Keep up the good work.

Regards Garry

More Power
09-01-2007, 22:59
Send Eric Merchant an email at eric@gmdieseltech.com

He may be able to help. :)

Jim

AustralianLad
09-04-2007, 02:23
Thanks Jim. Email sent to Eric.

Regards Garry

Mark Rinker
09-04-2007, 15:22
Too bad you don't qualify for the free shipping...the price looks good...if you go this route make sure you use Ebay's buyer protection. Will come in handy if anything isn't as advertised - protects purchases up to 20KUSD.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2006-GM-Duramax-6-6-L-Turbo-Diesel-engine-10k-LBZ-LLY_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33615QQihZ003QQitem Z130081909154QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWD1V

AustralianLad
09-22-2007, 03:16
Hi folks,
I found a duramax and it was only 500 kilometres from where i live!!!!!!!!!!! A guy bought one into Australia to convert his Hummer H2 but did not go ahead with it so advertised it and i bought it. It is an engine with the intake air heater but i do not know if it is the last of the LLY or a LBZ? Can i tell from the engine number only as i dont have the VIN number of the truck? I got the engine, Allison and transfer case and 40 miles of cable. I have to source a throttle pedal and instrument cluster and probally 1 million other things but will get some workshop manuals first so i can work out what i require. I might start a new post later when i start installing the engine.

Cheers Gaz