PDA

View Full Version : Won't turn over

rclippard
08-28-2007, 08:12
Alright, I have searched and searched to no avail. I drove my 2500 home on sunday with no indication of any problems. Trans temp, oil pressure, engine temp, pyro, and boost all looked ok. Yesterday it won't start so I put a jump box on it and it fires up and smokes. More white smoke than usual on a cold start. It had just rained and the humidity was up so I didn't think much of it. I jump up on the highway for my 50 mile commute and she runs normal. As soon as I exited the highway and got stuck at a light it started pouring out white smoke. Once moving again it would stop. Made it to school and parked it for the day. Tried to go home and it won't turn over. Put cables on it and it still won't go but it is clear the starter wants to. So I am guessing it is hydrolocked.

Head gasket? Cracked Head? I won't know until I open it up, but now it is 50 miles from my shop and tools. So a couple of questions. What does a code 93 really mean? I know what the books says but what does that mean? Is it worth going ahead and putting in ARP studs on the heads when I pull it loose? Stealership wants $5.77 a head bolt!!! What repair manual is better? And finally what head gasket is perfered? I am running around 12-15psi of boost under a heavy load. Normally 3-10 everyday.

JohnC
08-28-2007, 10:15
DTC 93 means that the power produced by cylinder #3 at idle is out of spec relative to all the others.

rclippard
08-29-2007, 12:21
That makes sense. I am betting that is the cylinder that is seeing the problem. I should be able to find out tonight. Found a place to put it up on a flat bad and tow it 56 miles for only $125 today so it is almost back in my driveway. Air tools should make this a much easier job. Of course now I have to figure out a way to push it in and out of the garage since it is to long to fit behind the closed door.