PDA

View Full Version : Suburban 4th Row Seating

twinter
08-31-2007, 16:25
I just just bought my first Suburban ('97 K2500), with my first diesel engine (6.5TD). The machine seats 8, and I want to get at least 10 people in the thing. I know there are a couple web sites that sell 4th row seating, but that is fairly expensive.

I'd like to get something from a salvage yard and install it in the cargo area of my rig. I've done a fair amount of googling and I've found very little on this subject.

Does anyone have any experience with taking a 2nd or 3rd row seat out of a wreck and installing it as a 4th row in a Suburban?

JTodd
09-04-2007, 06:20
It seems like Toyota offered rear jump seats facing the middle. I think they had attached seat belts and the seat folded up against the back. I don't know what year or model, but I remember seeing them.

twinter
09-04-2007, 19:52
Thanks. I did find a couple of web sites that sell 4th row seating, and one of them has something similar to what you describe (individual jump seats facing toward the center). I may have to go with something like that, but these places want ~$1000 for two more seats (bench or jump).

I think I can get a 2nd or 3rd row seat from a salvage yard for a couple hundred bucks. I was hoping someone out there had figured out how to mount them properly, and how to obtain and install seatbelts.

Hasn't anyone else wanted to seat 10 or 11 people in their Suburban?

DA BIG ONE
09-06-2007, 04:41
There would be an issue with leg room, perhaps even spare tire location so 4th row would only be good for say anyone up to 5' tall.

Consider, if handy and have good shop extending chassis & body to 6 or 8 door if its a keeper, seen some extended burbs used as limos too.

DennisG01
09-06-2007, 05:34
This is an interesting thread - I'll be following this one and will be interested to see what you finally come up with. I think the spare tire should be OK - I don't put my third seat in too often, but when I have, I seem to recall simply sliding the third seat straight into place (right past the tire) from the rear. But yes, leg room would be compromised since there would be no foot well. But kids should be fine.

dieselrealtor
09-06-2007, 17:56
I think you would have to go with a 3rd row seat, the 2nd row seat is wider. Good luck.