PDA

View Full Version : Amsoil in engine users

Jarmstrong
09-01-2007, 09:01
Let me say that I am dealer and I really like amsoil products, I will use amsoil in the drivetrain of my wife's 07 lbz. However I am worried about using it in the motor, for fear of a warranty denial since it is not API cerified and the owners manual states that api oil is required.

who here uses amsoil in their motor will out fear of a warranty denial? I'm not talking extended drains (not until after 100k) just normal 7500- 10k oil changes after it's broken in....even with oil analysis.

thank you for your input

-jason

DmaxMaverick
09-01-2007, 10:00
Been using it for over 100K on my '01. API certification is a recommendation, not a requirement. Some Amsoil products, for whatever reason, are not API certified. They claim they meet or exceed the API standard, but opted to not certify. I have full confidence in their lube products, as it sounds like you do, too. I've never heard of a single warranty denial because of it's use.

Luis
09-02-2007, 14:39
I've been using it in my truck since I bought it with 4,400 miles. Now at 104k. I'm no expert but what's the worry?
If you have an engine failure or any other engine problem, and send it to the dealer (repair shop) you need to advise them that you want to take an oil sample first! Better yet, since your an AmsOil dealer, you have the oil sample kits and analysis services available through AmsOil. You should not allow any work to be preformed until YOU and the dealer [and your insurance adjuster; if you think the insurance company may need to be involved at any time] take individual oil samples at the same time and in the presence of each other. This will ensure each party involved witness and documents the collection of each sample taken from YOUR vehicle. Once a sample is taken each party needs to have their sample properly sent to the approiate lab for analysis. This applies with any brand of oil for proper warranty action. May sound a little overboard, but how else would you file a claim that would hold up in court?
If you have the slightest notion of what the problem is going into the dealer and fear they may claim "it's the oil", you need to put your intere$t up on an equal playing field with the repair shop right from the start. Like I said, this applies to any oil you may use. How many people make warranty claims against any of the major oil brands? [This would be an interesting study] Just my $1.22 worth...:D

LanduytG
09-03-2007, 15:04
Been using AME in my LLY since 2500 miles. I now have 98K on it with 60K on this oil change. As stated above API is recommended but not required.

Greg

Jarmstrong
09-03-2007, 19:45
Thank you for your input. My fears are at rest. I'll be placing an order tomorrow. Now I just need to decide 15w40 or 5w40....
thank you
-Jason

LanduytG
09-04-2007, 23:09
Thank you for your input. My fears are at rest. I'll be placing an order tomorrow. Now I just need to decide 15w40 or 5w40....
thank you
-Jason
If its and 07 you need to use the DEO 5W-40.

Greg

Doug Thom
09-11-2007, 07:55
Hi Jason:
I've been using Amsoil 15W-40 in my 1995 Chevy 3/4 ton 6.5 turbo for about 6 years now and would highly recommend it. The 15w-40 is the one highly recommended for my vehicle. I also use the Amsoil 1 year filter and therefore change oil once yearly after putting on about 30 Km's per year. the truck now has 276000 Km's on it without any problems whatsoever. I talked with Amsoil years ago about manufacturers voiding warranties etc. and was told point blank that they cannot deny warranty claims due to the use of Amsoil products. If they tried to do that in any way, Amsoil would step up to the plate immediately.
Hope this helps
Doug