PDA

View Full Version : HELP - LB7 no start

bulsi1
09-03-2007, 21:25
I am fairly new to the Diesel Page and I need some help. My daughter has an 02 LB7 (73K miles) that has had a no start problem twice now. The first time it happened was approximately 1K miles after a fuel filter change. The truck started and then almost immediately quit and would not start again. The weather was cool so heat didn't appear to be a factor. It was towed to a Chevrolet dealership and they blamed the problem on the filter and said there was air in the system. They replaced the filter and the truck has been fine until today. It has about 3K miles on it since the last time it happened. Today she was towing a horse trailer in very warm temperatures (100+) and it happened again. She was watching all guages closely and everything seemed to be in the normal range. Everything was the same as before in that she turned the truck off and when she started it back up it died almost immediately. She primed the system according the the manual and got fuel from the filter vent valve almost immediately but it still wouldn't start. The truck was towed to a shop and when she arrived the mechanic told her it had started on the first try so he hadn't done anything with it. It had probably been close to two hours since it had died when he started it. I would appreciate any ideas or suggestions from anybody out there. Thank you....

nbloecher@yahoo.com
09-04-2007, 10:44
Sounds like the injectors,had the same problem with 03 90k.It started acting up in the winter time,wouldnt start till it cooled down.I believe it was corroded injector cups.It took the dealer two weeks to fix,turned out to be free cause it took them so long.Should be covered under 200k injector warranty,good luck.

More Power
09-07-2007, 22:36
Are there any performance modules on the truck? Some of the early Edge Juice modules would do what you're describing - probably due to heat soaking.

Jim

bulsi1
09-09-2007, 22:20
Thank you both for the reply. I haven't been on for quite a while. Her truck has the latest version Edge on it and I had a local reputable shop tell me that there has been a few problems even with the latest version. The owner also told me that the Edge engineers have supposedly come up with a fix for the problem. I saw the truck today (she now lives in California) and I found out that no codes have been stored. I also showed her how to disconnect the programmer next time it happens so that we can rule that out if that's not the problem. Thank you both again for your help!

Horse_gal_jen
09-18-2007, 10:15
we had the exact same problem with our 01 silverado.

several mechanics tried different scenarios with no luck, and we had just had the injectors repalced.

turns out it was the fuel filter head, seems they go from time to time with no explanation and cause an air leak.

They also checked all the fuel lines and replced any that were looking weaker. seems any air in the system is a bad thing and often times the fuel filter head can be the source of the problem.