PDA

View Full Version : 6.2/6.5 Owners in Pennsylvania or Maryland?

trbankii
04-08-2005, 09:04
I'm looking for a block and heads to use to mock up a project that I'm working on. If anyone has any trashed parts lying around or knows where I could possibly pick up some trashed parts, I'd love to hear from you.

The plan is to buy a wrecked truck when I am closer to putting the actual engine in (so I have all the pieces I need), but I need something to do the basic mock up now without spending a lot of money.

Also, has anyone been to any of the junkyards in Hazelton, PA to look for parts? I see a couple big ones advertised in the local auto trader rags (Kress seems to be the one I see the most of) but have never driven up there. Truck parts tend to be scarce locally and diesels are pretty much non-existant. Wondered if it is worth the drive.

Thanks for any help!

[ 04-08-2005, 09:42 AM: Message edited by: trbankii ]

Andy Chesek
04-08-2005, 11:54
I needed to replace a lower control arm on my '97 K2500, and Kress had one for $50. That part was next to impossible to get, they said it always gets mangled in a front-end collision. Never needed anything else that warranted giving them a call. I'm down in the Harrisburg area, and if I ever needed anything else I was able to find it closer to home.

My brother-in-law went to Harry's U-Pull-It a lot to get parts for his Honda Accord... doesn't go anymore because there's nothing left to get. Popular place, I suppose.

EWC
04-09-2005, 05:33
I have a 93 6.5 599 block that has a broken crank , front cover , webs , etc that is going to the scrap pile . The heads are still on and have the injectors also . You can have it if you come get it . I'm in Maryland where 95 connects with the Washington Beltway .

trbankii
04-09-2005, 14:16
93_Burrito: I'm in the Harrisburg area myself. Thanks for the info on Kress. Wish there were more u-pull-it places around. Seems that insurance liability has got everyone locking the gates anymore.

EWC: Sounds exactly like what I am looking for! Would not be too hard to drive down your way and pick it up. How much would you be asking?

EWC
04-09-2005, 16:36
I don't want anything for it . You can have it .

trbankii
04-10-2005, 07:22
Send me an e-mail at [contact made]

We can work out where you are located and what works as far as a time to pick it up. Very much appreciated!

[ 04-11-2005, 03:22 AM: Message edited by: trbankii ]

trbankii
04-18-2005, 04:03
Just wanted to say that I took a drive down into Maryland yesterday to pick up the block and heads from Jim (EWC). Found Jim's place without any problems. Loaded up the block in the back of my truck - a cracked 599 block. Talked trucks and diesels for awhile and then I was back on the road.

Great day for a drive and enjoyed the chance to meet another diesel enthusiast.

Thanks much, Jim!