PDA

View Full Version : New 6.5L owner...Please take a look..

ccole
09-12-2007, 09:57
Hello All-
Well, I swore I would never buy a vehicle off ebay....but I ate my words. My 'ole 1984 6.2 is just about totally wore out (cosmetically and mechanically), and I dont like putting miles on my new DMAX when I am putting around town, so I purchased a 1995 Non-turbo 6.5 truck on ebay. I specifically wanted something without a turbo, as I do lots of short trips and don't need the extra headache. Please check it out and see what you think:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/95-1-2-Ton-2500-VERY-RARE-DIESEL-COLOR-4X4-NO-RESERVE_W0QQitemZ300147036147QQihZ020QQcategoryZ13 487QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

-- is there any do's and dont's that I can be forewarned about the 6.5's? Classic/typical problems that I should look for or expect? Thanks in advance!!!

john8662
09-12-2007, 10:21
One of the oddballs with the n/a 6.5 in them.

In all reality, it'll be pretty good, great around town truck.

I'll be interested to see what kind of fuel economy it gets, considering it's equipped with a DS4 electronic pump just like the turbo models.

Should be very similar to the 6.2, except with a crisp idle due to the electronics, I like it.

Looks pretty clean, has power windows and locks, aftermarket.

Price is right too.

Keep us posted.

J

Warren96
09-12-2007, 14:27
Paint is in very nice condition.No dents or dings that I can see,was kept in nice shape. I'd buy it if I could drive it first !

ercaduceus
09-13-2007, 18:40
Sounds like a good buy to me. I really like the color. I've never seen that combination with a diesel.

Robyn
09-13-2007, 20:27
What a cute little creature. :D:D

Should do you right

Good luck with your new little friend

Robyn

wade-ve7trw
09-13-2007, 20:35
Your looking at a Super nice and rare 1995 Chevy C/K 1500. Now what makes this truck stand out is the

Your looking at a Super nice and rare 1995 Chevy C/K 1500. Now what makes this truck stand out is the the 6.5 turbo diesel in a 1/2 ton truck...just try finding another one! Its in excellent condition and with only 114k miles it should be. The motor runs strong and smooth. The transmission shifts perfectly. 4x4 and all power equipment work. The exterior of this truck is clean. The paint still shines like new. There are no big dents or damage. Expect a door ding or two maybe a few light scratches but nothing real noticeable or out of the ordinary. The interior is clean with little wear. A good example of a truck that wasn't worked to death. The a/c blows ICE cold and the tires should be good for a while. I drove this truck 150 miles personally and it runs out great. It doesn't seem to need a thing as far as I can tell. The only real blemish I could find is a small ding on the rear left corner(see pic). Highest bid wins but I will consider reasonable Buy Now offers....just try finding another one! Its in excellent condition and with only 114k miles it should be. The motor runs strong and smooth. The transmission shifts perfectly. 4x4 and all power equipment work. The exterior of this truck is clean. The paint still shines like new. There are no big dents or damage. Expect a door ding or two maybe a few light scratches but nothing real noticeable or out of the ordinary. The interior is clean with little wear. A good example of a truck that wasn't worked to death. The a/c blows ICE cold and the tires should be good for a while. I drove this truck 150 miles personally and it runs out great. It doesn't seem to need a thing as far as I can tell. The only real blemish I could find is a small ding on the rear left corner(see pic). Highest bid wins but I will consider reasonable Buy Now offers.
The write-up says turbo but pictures show no turbo. Sweet unit