PDA

View Full Version : Black Smoke and P1093 DIC

dhalleyco
09-14-2007, 13:03
Ok this is my first post 2002 duramax 154K miles stock and here is the problems 1. when I go to pass on the interstate or get on the throttle I flood the guy behind me with black smoke. 2 I have a code of P1093. 3. I use NO oil I usually go 15K to 20K between changes (shell rotella syn.) with oil analysis every 5K and never have to add oil, in fact I may even have sightly more than when I start out but the oil analysis shows no fuel or coolant in the sample. I have no confidence in the selling dealer as they have missed diagnosed it in the past so I am looking for direction. I have extensive background in diesels just not in the duramax. Also I tried to duplicate the condition by stalling the converter in full fuel and I get no smoke at all. It seems to be related to higher engine rpms( those above the stall speed) like when i go to pass. My fuel millage is 18 - 20 mpg. The exhaust is offensive like unburned fuel.. Is this indicative of bad injectors?

Duramaster
09-20-2007, 12:22
So do you have a scanner? If so, can you ramp the fuel pressure up? It should ramp upto 160 mpa no problem. :confused:

dhalleyco
09-24-2007, 06:58
NO I don't have a scanner just a reader I guess I will have to take it back to the dealer :(

Duramaster
09-24-2007, 22:29
Ok. Keep us posted. ;)