PDA

View Full Version : New September Articles!

More Power
09-14-2007, 16:07
Critical Speeds & Harmonic Damping
(http://www.thedieselpage.com/features/fluidampr.htm)

Introducing Fluidampr's new Viscous Fluid Vibration Damper for the GM 6.2/6.5

Most 6.5L diesel owners don't give a lot of thought to the harmonic damper, but the 6.5 and indeed all diesel engines depend on their harmonic damper to produce a smoother running engine and to reduce the destructive effect of harmonic vibrations in the crankshaft. Whether due to age or accumulated mileage, more 6.5L diesel engines are suffering from crankshaft failure. Until recently, our only choice was the factory damper. Fluidampr's recent release of their viscous damper for the 6.2/6.5 changes everything.

DIY 6.5TD Charge Air Cooler

Cooler Boost for less than $400!

A Charge Air Cooler (also known as an intercooler) is one of the best performance towing upgrades a 6.5L diesel owner can install. Unfortunately, commercial CAC kits have been too expensive. Now, you can put a kit together on your own using information in this article for less than $400, which is up to $1000 less expensive than some 6.5 commercial kits. This article will save you a lot of money, yet give you a great looking, highly efficient and proven charge air cooler. Available now to subscribers in the Member's Area (http://www.thedieselpage.com/password.htm).

a5150nut
09-15-2007, 08:28
Is it just me? I can open the link for harmonic ballancer but not the one for the cooler....:eek:

DmaxMaverick
09-15-2007, 09:23
Try www.thedieselpage.com/members/features/DIY-CAC.htm

More Power
09-15-2007, 12:53
Some articles are available to the public and some are available to subscribers. Just let me know (either PM or email) if you're a current subscribing member and have trouble accessing any member article. :)

Jim

Subzilla
09-17-2007, 05:52
Great article, Jim. Now I just have to find me a 6.5 Suburban!

SwedeBurb
09-30-2007, 08:02
Two thumbs up on the intercooler write-up :cool:

/Stefan