PDA

View Full Version : Snorkel hunting and Exhaust

poppa
09-15-2007, 15:17
Alright guys, help me out here, trimmed th air box to fit the hole in the inner fender and there was a difference noticed.

Before I go looking to remove the snorkel, does this truck have one, it has never been modified (previous owner , owned the Chevy dealeship). And if so what is the procedure of taking it out.

Looking at a Warpspeed exhaust, seems to be a lot cheaper than others I have seen advertised, any feed back on them.

hockeyGTP
09-15-2007, 15:47
I like my warpspeed, the quality is good but the fit leaves a lot to be desired.

daustin
09-15-2007, 20:21
The snorkle is stuffed into the fender. From what i've seen, some have it some don't. It's got a little plastic retainer at the airbox end and a small bolt behind the battery. Getting the thing out takes some patience and bending it some to get it through the airbox hole. It's kinda flexible, not hard to remove.
Don

DA BIG ONE
09-16-2007, 04:57
I've been in the drink more than once w/my burb and if there was a factory snorkle my motor would be toast, I suggest all remove it if they have one.

I've seen a toy 100 series fording snorkle adapted to a burb, but think it is too small in dia for performance, will be fabricating my own some day soon from steel.