PDA

View Full Version : Can a bad IP cause a new pmd to go bad

clubsmoker
09-16-2007, 07:12
I have a 1994 6.5 turbo blazer . the pmd went bad replaced it ran great for a day. died no start .chev. replaced it gave me another one it did ok for a week, going down the road engine dies no start. Can a bad IP cause pmd to go bad or am I just getting bad pmd’s

DA BIG ONE
09-16-2007, 11:00
I have a 1994 6.5 turbo blazer . the pmd went bad replaced it ran great for a day. died no start .chev. replaced it gave me another one it did ok for a week, going down the road engine dies no start. Can a bad IP cause pmd to go bad or am I just getting bad pmd’s

I had what I thought was a bad fsd and switched to one w/#9 resistor the truck ran but after talking to Bill Heath he stated I'll need a new IP soon, he was right finally had code showing cam ring failure (mechanical). Bill was even kind enough to exchange the fsd he sold me w/new one, he checked out the returned unit then installed it into one of his trucks and it worked fine.

moondoggie
09-17-2007, 09:57
Good Day!

As stated, you could be coincidentally experiencing a mechanical (or other electronic) failure in your IP.

"Can a bad IP cause a new pmd to go bad?" Certainly, if the electronic design of either is faulty or you're just having a bad luck day. For example, if the IP injection fuel solenoid was shorted, it could destroy the drivers in the PMD / FSD. It shouldn't, but so it goes...

IMHO your IP isn't hurting your FSDs, but you won't know for sure until the fix is in & it's been awhile, eh? ;)

Good Luck & Blessings!