PDA

View Full Version : Li'll O'l me

Robyn
09-16-2007, 21:29
Now there are a few of you here that have met me in person but so many only know me as the caustic wit that disagrees with everything and rants all the time about anything.
Honestly I dont bite, really. :D

Was shuffling through a bunch of pix today and found one of me up close and personal that was taken during the filming of a promotional video we did a while back called "Big Bore Canyon"

Now thiis is not a diesel pix but the diesel Burb is just out of frame to my right.
And hanging over my shoulder out of view is a 50 caliber AR-15 style carbine for you gun buffs.

Just thought I would share

Robyn

gmctd
09-17-2007, 08:39
Alas, poor Bambi.............

Robyn
09-17-2007, 08:48
Tell you what I would be hard pressed to use it on any small game.
Works very well on HogZilla though.
Will shut off the big Oink real quick.
One of my customers is a wild pig hunter and loves his Sabre.
Brough us some pig butt for dinner.

Later

Robyn

gmctd
09-17-2007, 10:53
Nuttin' wrong with that - did you build it? How did you calibrate the big recoil to the action for that much increase in slug - powder charge\load, springing, piston blowby, porting, combination, nunya, what?

Robyn
09-17-2007, 11:41
I make these on a regular basis.
The calibrations were arrived at with some very basic volume and pressure calcs and then from there the charge was tweeked in on the range.

From this point we headed to the lab with a pressure test barrel and started looking at the numbers on the instruments to get the best pressure curves and velocity.
The powder needed for this round falls into a lonely place on the burn rates of standard powders.

We use a product called C-1480.
The closest over the counter stuff is Ramshot Enforcer.
I offer the Sabre in a standard A2 model as well as a flat top and then we have our special edition that has a muzzle break.

Also we offer a shorty version with a 7-1/2' Barrel.

The internal parts are all std AR stuff with the exception of the Bolt and the barrel.
The upper receiver has the ejection port opened up a little to get the fat case out the door.

The magazines get a custom job by litle O'l me to handle and feed the fat cases.

Took about a year to get all the tech stuff done and get it on the market.
Here is a pix of the little beast.

Robyn

gmctd
09-17-2007, 14:36
Wow - not bad, Sheena - now, if I can keep my youngest son from seeing that hog-killer.......................

Robyn
09-17-2007, 17:05
One thing about the 502, to shoot one is to want one. :D

The little critter is a fire breathing beast.

Later
Robyn

rustyk
09-17-2007, 20:56
And here I thought my .44 mag carbine was "adequate"...but it does have a quieting effect on wild hogs, which we also have here in Sunny Florida...and somehow I think there aren't many Missy Goodwrench photos with her wearing lipstick and with no grease on her forehead...:D

Robyn
09-18-2007, 07:28
Rusty

Yes you are right.
Usually its blue jeans and T shirts and coveralls.
rarely do you see me in a skirt and heels but is does happen every so often.

Dressed up nice yesterday as I was in the office.
A regular customer came in and asked me where Robyn was. :eek:

OMG what a shocked look on his face when he finally realized the truth of the matter.

Guess I have become "Type Cast" :confused:

Truthfully I am more at home out on the business end of a wrench than sitting around looking pretty.

Robyn

DA BIG ONE
09-18-2007, 14:51
I've been lookin at the 45 Bushmaster and your setup has caught my eye, I'll pm ya.

gmctd
09-18-2007, 19:49
Ok, all safe, now - took him today to look at '05 Liberty Limited CRD 4wd, all factory options, which he'd been looking at for a few weeks - he couldn't live without it, everything checked out 5\5, got it below blue, so we rode it home - he won't be on the gun sights, fer a while - pun intended.

Now, for a suncoast t\c, transgo shift kit, snorkel, guages, lift, etc and etc - the long road has begun, again.................

Robyn
09-18-2007, 22:12
Never quits does it? :D

Robyn