PDA

View Full Version : ABS light & 265-75-16 tires

surfbeetle
09-17-2007, 12:50
This past weekend I changed my rims and tires on my suburban. I had 245-75-16 on the stock steel rims and went to stock 8 lug aluminum chevy rims with 265-75-16 tires. Now my wife says that the ABS light came on today and that the pedal is pulsating. Maybe it's just a coincidence with the tire change but nonetheless, I need to figure out what to do about it.

In the past, we had a problem with the car pulling to the left and there was dirt in the master cylinder reservoir that got into the abs module. If I would expand the right side caliper, it would backflow the system clear the blockage. I wonder if now I need to just replace that module. Does anyone know what the module costs? Is there anything else that I should check before I start randomly changing parts? One more thing, it stops fine with the exception of the ABS light and the pulsating pedal. Thanks in advance.

DennisG01
09-17-2007, 13:07
Are you getting any codes? Maybe it's just an ABS wheel speed sensor?

surfbeetle
09-17-2007, 13:10
Dont know yet about the codes. I have to wait 'til this weekend so I can borrow my cousin's code reader. Does the ABS light mean that there may or may not be codes? The SES light isn't on so the thought of codes never crossed my mind.