PDA

View Full Version : CarCode OBD-2 Tranny Control?

DA BIG ONE
09-18-2007, 06:10
Well I'm impressed w/carcode and now find that there is tranny control for the newer 6.5td w/4L80e like shift onset, tq converter lockup, and pressure control.

I've had many tranny control problems since going from 4.10's to 3.42's w/OD/lockup at 60+mph. Hacking the VSSB I can get better and faster shifting/lockup but pressure seems to be too high because after warmup I get some banging of gears (real hard shifting) I fear will blow out some u-joints..................

SO, not wanting to screw anything up I need any of you w/hands on tranny control tinkering to give some input.

joed
09-19-2007, 06:28
Since my truck has a manual trans., I haven't played with the trans. control functions. Just in looking at them, I doubt you will be able to 'permanently' change the pressure. You'll likely need the PCM reprogrammed for that.

I bet you could experiment with it for testing purposes though, to see what does and doesn't make a difference. I would think the changes would only last as long as you had them 'enabled' or active, and only for that particular testing session. In fact I would probably make sure you 'disable/inactivate' or turn off the settings before exiting the program just to be safe. You could ask Carcode's author to see what the different switches alter, and if they have lasting affects.

I also think Carcode is pretty cool - definitely has a lot of functionality for the $$

Joe.

DA BIG ONE
09-19-2007, 09:06
I was hoping I could adjust pressure to lower side as I have trango towing/off-road shift kit and heath's stage 3 w/o tranny tweeking. I can change shift/lockup points w/other device but pressure climbs too high after trans gets to normal operating temps......