PDA

View Full Version : ???? from new guy.

Double B
09-18-2007, 17:52
I know this is prolbey a stupid question and been asked several times, but I could not find it anywhere. I have an 06 lbz and when I put a k&n replacement filter in it almost seemed I lost some pick up and mileage didnt improve. After reading other post does this have anything to do with the location of the MAF or has this happened to anyone else?

chevrolet1
09-18-2007, 21:46
yes,i had similiar results.although i installed an afe, i believe a stage two,now with a dry filter.i wasn't expecting any "seat of your pants power gains" athough i was praying for at least a slight gain in the already questionable mpg 12-14 range,did'nt happen.power gains,i can say with certainty,are nill,so i could use some insight also.i'm dissapointed in that 400.00plus investment.thanks chevrolet1.2006 crewcab.

Duramaster
09-19-2007, 11:59
What's wrong with the CORRECT AIR FILTER?? :confused: At least you know that it is the correct one and nothing about it will void your warranty. :cool:

gmmerlin
09-19-2007, 16:46
What's wrong with the CORRECT AIR FILTER?? :confused: At least you know that it is the correct one and nothing about it will void your warranty. :cool:

Amen! aftermarket=problems

NutNbutGMC
09-19-2007, 17:32
Double-B, I think what these fine folks are saying (after hanging here for several years, off and on), is that there have been many filters tried and it seems the full-circle conclusion has been that the OEM paper filter has proven to be the most reliable and functional, with all said and done.

I don't know why your machine may be sluggish with issues related to the air filter. Use the search feature and you may run across information in the archives of the other firum. There is a lot og good info there that doesn't show up on this forum, but the search and results will link to it.

Double B
09-20-2007, 15:37
I ran that air filter for only about 3 tanks of gas then put old filter back in, just always tinkering with things I guess, but thanks NutNButGMC

hapaschold
09-20-2007, 16:56
I ran that air filter for only about 3 tanks of gas then put old filter back in, just always tinkering with things I guess, but thanks NutNButGMC

ah, there s your problem, 3 tanks of gas in a lbz ? ughhhhhhhhh

give the lbz time to break in, mpg increases with time, driving habits also play on mpg.

have u reset the mpg calculator?

i m at 15 k or so, hand calculated last few tanks have been in 17.5 range, mostly highway, 75mph on commute.

headed up to vermont next week, nice 4 hour run, will see how my lbz does on the longer haul.

Double B
09-20-2007, 17:20
Its getting broke in at 48000 miles but the mileage has stayed between 18-18.5 ever since I had it. 30 miles one way to work, 23 is interstate. Not complaning about the mileage but wouldnt hurt if it got better.