PDA

View Full Version : Stolen Ford F250

larryh1
09-20-2007, 07:54
:mad:Just to let everyone know. My son was in San Diego working when his F250, 2002, Superduty Crewcab, 4X4, grey was stolen:mad:. He worked very hard for that truck and I feel horrible for him. The officer taking the report told him it is a VERY BIG PROBLEM. It seems the illegals come to America and steal the F250's because there is a big demand for them in mexico. They come across the border at night, steal the truck and have it in mexico by morning. Please support our Border Patrol and legislation to shut the borders down.

thank you
Larry

Tough Guy
09-21-2007, 17:28
That sucks...Will insurance replace the truck? Looks like maybe a kill switch should be installed in the next truck?

Chris

larryh1
09-22-2007, 14:57
Yes, insurance will replace the truck, but his payments won't be as low as they were. He won't know if he can afford another one until he settles with the insurance co. and he starts shopping. He had about $10,000 in equity, not counting extra's. But what is really bad is he can't get another 7.3 motor. I suggested the Duramax, and he is considering it since the Duramax motor is as good at the 7.3. (6 one way - half dozen another, its personal opinion). But the Duramax is more expensive. The officer taking the report stated dummy keys are being used to steal the trucks. An illegal usually steals it, it is taken to a shop in America where the vin's are changed and then a legal drives it to mexico. The problem is the mexican government is not helping at all. Either way, a kill switch will be on the next truck.

thanks
Larry

p.s. I notice the pic of the yamaha. I too old to ride now, but my son and daughter do. He rides a CRF450R and she ride a CRF250R. Be careful on that thing.....

Tough Guy
09-24-2007, 17:17
He should find a few comparable trucks now, get prices in writing from the dealer and submitt copies of them to his insurance agent...I had a truck get totaled a few years back and after it was all said and done I actually made money on the deal.

I ride a WR 450....I'll do my best to be careful. ;)

Chris

larryh1
09-25-2007, 06:20
Thanks for the info and response.....I'll pass it on.

40grit
10-02-2007, 16:38
they don't even bother to change the VIN, they just drive them, unfortunately, it's mostly the police down there who have them with the luxury tax on newer cars down there, only the rich and the crooked can afford them, the police employee parking lot is usually full of stolen SUV's with CA plates...

hapaschold
10-14-2007, 06:17
keep an eye on ebay, sometimes a low mileage 7.3 psd pops up. also check the dieselstop.com forum s classified, awhile back a real low mileage 7.3 was listed , somewhere in NY i believe.
checked out fine on carfax and oasis service checks.