PDA

View Full Version : Need Some Help

Cowboyup6_1
09-21-2007, 12:31
I have a 95 Chevy K2500 with the 6.5L turbo Diesel. I have notice here latly that while the truck is running there is a light smoke coming out of the oil dipstick tube. Does this mean my engine is going to the bad?:confused:

I also have another promble I have installed a B&D chip in the truck. Its been in it for years. Now when I am running 70MPH it shuts the turbo off and the engine light comes on. :confused: I have replace the air temp senser and the waste gate baybass valve. I am at a loss here. Can some one help?

Robyn
09-21-2007, 19:43
Remove the oil fill cap with the engine running. There can be a small amount of smoke/vapor coming out at idle and this is fine. If its puffing or there is lots of it this is not good.
Remove and clean the CDR canister off the RH Valve cover. Or better yet, replace it.

Take a look in the turbo inlet and see how sloppy it is with oil blow over. Sometimes even a good 6.5 will get a little sloppy.
The air cleaner needs to be kept clean on these to prevent excessive oil pullover.

The Older B-D chips are notorious for popping on the ses light when you work them hard.
You may have a faulty wastegate solenoid thats doing it.
I would replace the chip with one of the newer ones that has the overboost (DTC 78) code written out of the program. Kennedy, Heath and Westers all sell quality proms.

My 95 dually had a BD chip and it would do it all the time if I was on it.
Mine has a Turbo master mechanical waste gate controler.
I would trash can the vacuum system and install the spring unit and then swap out the chip and set the boost to peak at no more than 7 with a stock exhaust and about 10 with a 3-1/2 or 4 inch system.

Your problems will all go away, POOOOOOOOOOF

Hope this helps

Cowboyup6_1
09-23-2007, 03:08
Hey was reading what you said and looked into all that. I have installed a new cdr canister on the right side of the valve cover and replaced the wastegate solenoid. Seems like it has picked up but still doing it alittle. The turbo looks like it has been run down hard. Would like to know more about that spring unit. Where can I find it?

DennisG01
09-24-2007, 05:10
It's called a turbo master. Check out John Kennedy's site - www.kennedydiesel.com or Bill Heath's site - www.heathdiesel.com

Some people have also made-up their own.

Cowboyup6_1
09-25-2007, 16:59
Thanks for the info looking into getting one.