PDA

View Full Version : The first call to duty

Robyn
09-22-2007, 11:42
Well today we had some extra time on our hands and decided to get the winter supply of wood pellets in.
The day was cool and clear and good for working.
Hustled off to town and picked up 2 ton of pellets and loaded up DaHooooley with the 4000# package and headed back up to the Ranch.

The truck performed like a champ even though the extra weight made her squat a little bit.

This was the first call to do any real work since the truck came to live with us. :D:D:D:D:D

There are some 12 and 15% grades coming in here but the old girl just took them in stride. (Mostly 30-40 MPH and then off onto the gravel roads so it was no speed record)

gmctd
09-22-2007, 19:09
Is that with the new Heathchip?

Robyn
09-23-2007, 08:48
Sure enough is.

4000# is plenty to drop on its back. Towing that much is an easy task.

The only reason I did not exceed 40mph was the safety factor with the twisty winding roads.
That much weight plus having the tail gate off to allow for the load length was just not a good mix for stuffing ones boot into the fan ya know.

The power was definately there and the truck would have screamed up the heavy grade but I didn't need any issues to deal with so I behaved myself.

rustyk
09-24-2007, 19:08
...so I behaved myself.

Any witnesses? :D

DmaxMaverick
09-24-2007, 19:37
Any witnesses? :D

Prolly just the dog. But he ain't talkin'.

Robyn
09-24-2007, 19:39
Made reeeeeeeeeeal good and sure that the dog got a treat and he is a keepin his trap shut. :D

Yup Yup

Robyn