PDA

View Full Version : I Just Joined The Injector Club

StrangeEngine
09-23-2007, 22:58
All 8 replaced last week under the extended injector warranty at 76K miles due to heavy smoking at idle and at low speeds. My truck has had a pretty easy life, too.

I gotta say, this is just damned embarrassing for GM. Injectors should effectively last the life of the engine - it's 2007 after all. I've never seen injectors replaced on a vehicle for any reason other than the need for more flow (due to engine mods, etc). Even in my racing background, you just don't replace injectors due to failure.

We Are Professional Grade, my *ss.

Too bad I still love the truck a ton. But I'm thinking the new 4.5L D-Max in the Yukon GL is gonna have to wait a year or two after launch while they debug it. :)

- Mark

MaxACL
09-24-2007, 13:00
Mark,

Keep the extended warranty. I'm on my 6th set.

Mike

StrangeEngine
09-24-2007, 13:26
Mark,

Wow - that's grim. Really, really grim.

I doubt I'll own this truck at 150K miles, so ...

- Mark

MaxACL
09-24-2007, 19:41
Mark,

When I buy a vehicle I get attached to it. The new Vega I bought in '74 had 380K miles when it just ...gave up. My 33 year old daughter was... ummmm... invented in the back end of it.

I'm at an impass with this truck. I can't work on it cause there are no points or condensers to adjust. Now do I want to pay $4,500, 8,000, or 15,000?

Mike

Duramaster
09-24-2007, 20:16
I like to lay all the blame in BOSCH's lap!!! I say this because I work at a dealership that not only sells light duty GMC, but we also sell Medium Duty GMC along with UD and Peterbilt Trucks!!! My point is this, there are a heck of alot of ISUZU 5.2 diesel and the 7.8 in all the little W-4500 and W-5500 along with the T series trucks that are out there and they all use their OWN FUEL system and THEY don't have near the problems that these stupid little NAZI injectors have!!! Now don't get me wrong............. I love the GMC/ Chevrolet trucks and injector swaps are no big deal anymore, but gee wiz!! One would think that after a coulpe years of garbage in the field that GM would have tried a different supplier besides the DAMN NAZI injectors!!! :D

NutNbutGMC
09-25-2007, 13:27
Mark,

Mike
D@mn. After oils leaks developing where my third set was installed, I ditched it for a new one. You're a trooper.... Good luck...

NutNbutGMC
09-25-2007, 13:30
I like to lay all the blame in BOSCH's lap!!! I say this because I work at a dealership that not only sells light duty GMC, but we also sell Medium Duty GMC along with UD and Peterbilt Trucks!!! My point is this, there are a heck of alot of ISUZU 5.2 diesel and the 7.8 in all the little W-4500 and W-5500 along with the T series trucks that are out there and they all use their OWN FUEL system and THEY don't have near the problems that these stupid little NAZI injectors have!!! Now don't get me wrong............. I love the GMC/ Chevrolet trucks and injector swaps are no big deal anymore, but gee wiz!! One would think that after a coulpe years of garbage in the field that GM would have tried a different supplier besides the DAMN NAZI injectors!!! :DMaybe that would be one of the considerations of contract renewal while another strike is taking place . Return custumers (or not) play a big role in any business.

One would indeed think better.... but apparently not the General and his Cronnies.

Strange, sorry to hear of your problems. I too have had several sets (of a LB7, now gone) and what was pi$$ing me off was the downtime of the Service (weeks on end).

FLEETMANSPH
09-25-2007, 13:54
Hello everyone I am a area Fleetmanager, we have over 400 5.9's. Which they the vp44
injector pump, that was allot of fun which is made by bosch. But Cummins was the one
that got into hot water over them.

hapaschold
10-01-2007, 19:00
i believe back in 1999, mercedes stopped bringing diesels to the usa for the same problems with injectors...poor quality fuel...for high tech injectors....

my 02 dmax suffered from injector problems, they would only replace bad one.... but they were failing one after another..