PDA

View Full Version : TCC Lock Up

Kick Ass Matt
09-25-2007, 11:35
I recently had a new tranny built. I also did the TCC lock up mod w/an illuminated switch. It is wired so that when light on = TCC lock and light off = TCC not locked

When I first hooked it up. I had it off, drove out of my driveway and the second it got into second gear it locked up on me...So I switched the leads of the switch around. The tranny would go do its 1-2-3-4 thing and when I flip it (light goes on) I can feel something engaging. I can also hear the RPMS drop.

Questions

1. How do I know if the TCC is actually locked? Other than looking at the light

2. Does it cause engine codes to be thrown? Namely the computer will think it needs to lock up but it won't lock up because I haven't flipped the switch yet. Computer might think it needs to unlock (when you let your foot off the go-pedle) but it stays locked because you're still wired.

3. A by product of #2. Since error codes are thrown would that mean no cruise control? Or does most people here whom did the TCC mod just live w/out cruise control?

As a side note. Holy crap this truck is costing me so much $$$. My next thing to do (Late Oct early Nov) is cooling upgrade incl rad, new condensor, new O-tube (orifice), new oversized engine oil/tranny coolers, winch bumper and a hydraulic winch. Since I am not driving the truck this winter I wouldn't have to worry about code 35-36 until next year I drive it again