PDA

View Full Version : Kaydenco Mudflap sizes

Jarmstrong
09-25-2007, 14:05
I know these mudflaps have been discussed before and people seem to really like them. I ordered some husky mudflaps for my wife's 07 but the rears were a joke so I returned them. I left them on the front but I wasn't to happy about drilling into a new truck.

the rears will be getting kaydenco mudflaps (maybe with the farrier logo;) I'm just not sure what size to order. This truck will probabily never have bigger tires than stock on it and it, but when I'm shoeing out of a trailer, I would really like to pretect the trailer (along with the rear quarters). I'm also concerned about them being too long and ripping them off in snow of mud.

also, how well do the front ones work compared to the huskies?
thank you

NutNbutGMC
09-25-2007, 21:03
I know these mudflaps have been discussed before and people seem to really like them. I ordered some husky mudflaps for my wife's 07 but the rears were a joke so I returned them. I left them on the front but I wasn't to happy about drilling into a new truck.

the rears will be getting kaydenco mudflaps (maybe with the farrier logo;) I'm just not sure what size to order. This truck will probabily never have bigger tires than stock on it and it, but when I'm shoeing out of a trailer, I would really like to pretect the trailer (along with the rear quarters). I'm also concerned about them being too long and ripping them off in snow of mud.

also, how well do the front ones work compared to the huskies?
thank youI have used Kaydenco since 2001. I just put a new set on my 2500 last month. I ordered the rears at 14" width x 23" long (Style# 8X SS). I have a set of 12" as well on a Suburban but the 14" work better for me and the 265 tires, but will also be good on the 245s. They are longer which allows a lower placement to protect the entire quarter panel, exhaust, and bumper. I think mine are 6-1/2" from the ground if I recall correctly. They will clear the exhaust plenty so as not to worry about any heat or rubbing. Use the included wheel well brackets to secure them properly. Don't ask me how I know this :D. I drilled right into the edge of the wheel well in 4 places each, using vise grips to hold them in place and a torpedo level to assist in alignment. They advise the installation to be on flat level ground. Do the best you can here as it will make a difference (believe it or not, and don't ask me how I know :D ). It's trickier than one would think. I also removed the rear wheel for ease of drilling the holes. These flaps will require one minor cut with a jig saw to clear the leaf springs (because of the width) but that is very simple to do. It's a straight-forward notch about 2" wide and 10" in depth from the top corner so that the flap will align just right with the outer edge of the tire. I just didn't like the looks of the flap sticking out beyond the edge of the tire by said 2". No big deal at all. I am pleased with this particular product. Mud and snow will not bother these flaps at all. I ran 5 winters in north central Illinois with these flaps. They are a strong and solid product. Kaydenco is an entire different (better quality and functionality) flap than Husky. I think I paid around $115 for the set with stainless weights, but it is well worth the one time investment. Order the weights with bolts. I can post pics if you please. I don't know about the fronts, as I have full length running boards to protect the entire length of the doors and rocker panels.

If this isn't what you are asking, let me know and I'll try to assist otherwise.

Dennis at Kaydenco is the owner and can assist with a phone call.

Here's 14" on a 2002 model. My 2007 is identical to this, other than the new warranty period and the nice LBZ. :D

http://image60.webshots.com/460/1/4/44/2330104440043869274BmQiaz_ph.jpg

NutNbutGMC
09-25-2007, 21:39
Also, don't forget the tire shine on the flaps. They clean up nicely.