PDA

View Full Version : General Conversion

Chev Hayes
09-26-2007, 00:26
Hello, I'm new to this site and have a few questions about doing a cummins conversion. First question, would it be easier and more cost efficent to convert a 1986 chevy 2500 4x4 or a 1989 f350 4x4 ? the chevy is gas 350, the ford has an idi motor. The chevy has a th400 and the ford has a c6 auto. I know about the engine part 1994-1998.5 with the 7100 pump is my best bet, but a few questions i still can't answer. What transmission or adapters would i require? Where would I find them? Also motor mounts do i have to fab them or can i buy them? And lastly what might i expect to invest for the conversion after i purchase the engine??? Thanks ahead of time and sorry if you have to read these questions if they are repeats.

-Chev Hayes-

More Power
10-05-2007, 16:16
Cummins transmission adapters are available for both the GM & Ford transmissions. See www.fordcummins.com (http://www.fordcummins.com) for a Ford trans adapter.

Motor mounts.... I've heard it's easier to fit a Dodge engine mount crossmember into the 80's GM chassis than to attempt a fabrication.

Jim