PDA

View Full Version : Dead Spot in Throttle

TTM
09-27-2007, 08:58
Have one for you guys. Have been using the Sol-D for couple of years now,and cause of the cold weather starting problems I bought the kennedy fsd and remote mount kit (BTW excellent install and product). Starts have been good and the truck has been running great. But in the last week or so when I rev up the throttle (slowly) I get to about 2100 and then the rpms drop to 1000 and stay there my foot dosen't move. It threw a intermittent SES going up a a rather steep hill that I have to go up to get to work, but I cleared it and tightend all connections. I haven't tried the hill since but I tried reving it up in the yard and found the drop in RPM's with no SES light. I put in a new accelerator postion module ( can't remember it's real name) down on the firewall about 6 months ago and no concerns from that.

Any ideas for the dead spot upon slow acceleration?

More Power
10-02-2007, 10:52
when I rev up the throttle (slowly) I get to about 2100 and then the rpms drop to 1000 and stay there my foot dosen't move.

Some version of this is normal. It's just the funkie way it operates.

You can test the operation of the three elements found in the APP module (accelerator pedal) using a Tech II scan tool. These modules are very reliable, and rarely cause a problem.

Would be helpful to know what code was being set....

Jim