PDA

View Full Version : 6.5 & FS2500 Oil Filter

DennisG01
09-28-2007, 06:26
This has been talked about before, but wanted to give everyone a heads up. Heath Diesel has been working on a custom FS2500 bypass oil filter set-up for the 6.5. After talking with Ian last night, he said he is about 2 to 3 weeks away from having it ready.

It is a custom set-up for our 6.5's - meaning pretty much it's a plug-n-play. It does not replace the current filter - it is a bypass filter. The filter will get the oil from the port near where the oil cooler lines attach to the block. Unscrew the current plug that is there and install the included 90* fitting. Run the new oil line to the FS filter which will mount on the frame near (I think he said behind) the lift pump. The kit will come with a new oil fill tube that has a fitting on it to receive the oil line coming from the FS filter. We'll get an increased oil capacity and we should, atleast in theory, see a reduction in engine oil temps (in part due to the extra lines, increased capacity and where it mounts).

I was very impressed with everything he told me. I am definitely getting one of these set-ups. I think the FS2500 is an excellent product and now it is so simple to install. It doesn't get much better!

Craig M
09-28-2007, 09:03
Am not familiar with the FS2500. What is the flow rate and filtering size? The better bypass systems seem to have relatively low flow rates and filter down to about the 1 micron size to a very high percentage.

DennisG01
09-28-2007, 12:14
Here, this'll get 'ya started ;) :

http://www.fs2500.com/

ccatlett1984
10-11-2007, 20:12
does the 6.5 use the same dipstick as the 6.2, if so I'd love to get a dipstick for my own bypass filter install.