PDA

View Full Version : transmission question

cnbo4
09-29-2007, 07:07
Hey all,
My 4l80e tranny in my 94 Blazer 4x4 w/6.5 took a .....it just quit going backwards. Wont go into od anymore either. So time to replace I guess. Anyway I was wondering if a 2wd tranny is able to be used in my 4wd. Some say the tail can be changed,but I wanted to check. This seems to be the place for info.

I can't tell you guys how much info I've gotten from you all. Struggled long and hard to get it running good. Just followed the steps and ...it runs pretty good.Doesn't like the cold though.Pretty rough starting then.

Well thanks again.

Oh, Ive also logged about 4000 miles on veggy oil also. $$$ in the pocket!!!

quickv6
09-29-2007, 08:18
Hey all,
My 4l80e tranny in my 94 Blazer 4x4 w/6.5 took a .....it just quit going backwards. Wont go into od anymore either. So time to replace I guess. Anyway I was wondering if a 2wd tranny is able to be used in my 4wd. Some say the tail can be changed,but I wanted to check. This seems to be the place for info.

I can't tell you guys how much info I've gotten from you all. Struggled long and hard to get it running good. Just followed the steps and ...it runs pretty good.Doesn't like the cold though.Pretty rough starting then.

Well thanks again.

Oh, Ive also logged about 4000 miles on veggy oil also. $$$ in the pocket!!!

You can convert a 2wd 4l80e to 4wd but the transmission has to be disassembled to change the output shaft.