PDA

View Full Version : Stock Aluminum Rims

crafty
09-29-2007, 17:24
Does anyone have a pair of the OEM factory aluminum rims that came on the 01 2500HD's that they want to sell for a reasonable price? I have one that is hard to balance so I need a real straight one to replace it. I haven't looked at a wrecking yard or anything yet. I thought I'd ask here first.:D:D:D

You can email me at thecrafty007@yahoo.com or post here.

Thanks

mark45678
10-04-2007, 18:06
Does anyone have a pair of the OEM factory aluminum rims that came on the 01 2500HD's that they want to sell for a reasonable price? I have one that is hard to balance so I need a real straight one to replace it. I haven't looked at a wrecking yard or anything yet. I thought I'd ask here first.:D:D:D

You can email me at thecrafty007@yahoo.com or post here.

Thanks

any year 8 lug wheel that looks the same as the HD trucks will fit , even if its off a 8600 gvw 2500 they are all the same !

DmaxMaverick
10-04-2007, 18:18
any year 8 lug wheel that looks the same as the HD trucks will fit , even if its off a 8600 gvw 2500 they are all the same !

True...and no.

Technically, they are the same. The first release PYO wheels were manufactured and branded by Alcoa. Some time in 2002 (or perhaps later), the wheels were source through a company in Hungary (and branded made in Hungary). Not Alcoa's. I don't know if it makes a difference to anyone else, but it does to me, for some silly reason. Don't ask me why, I don't know. But true. They will all fit. I have my originals, even with the original tires, but am saving them. When my 5'er tires need replacing, I'm having them and the wheels (currently chrome steel) replaced with my PYO's and new skins. Maybe sooner, if I spot any rust.

DennisG01
10-05-2007, 05:39
If no luck here, try e-bay. I see them all the time on there - usually in sets, but I have also seen them available one at a time.