PDA

View Full Version : AutoEnginuity laptop scan tool

Dvldog 8793
04-12-2005, 13:15
Howdy
I purchased this product about 2 weeks ago. I have redieved OUTSTANDING customer support to include new beta downloads(twice) and phone support that must have been frustrating for the tech as I is not computer savy. It does everything they say it will and probably more than I have figured out. The best part about it is that it gives you an excuse to buy a laptop!
GMCHauler knows ALLOT more about this product than I do but it seems like the real deal. I haven't been able to figure out how to change the tdc offset yet but I'm working on it.
I'm not trying to push a product, just telling my experiences with it. A friend tried it on his 1996 454 gasser and it didn't have nearly as many available sensors. I will probably try it out on my wife tonight, I mean my wife's van. tongue.gif
1998 winstar. I have a 2003 Dodge and a 2003 Duramax lined up to try it out on also. I will let everyone know how it works in this thread.
Hope this helps someone!
L8r
Conley

Dvldog 8793
04-12-2005, 17:15
Howdy
Changed my TDC offset tonight. also ran cylinder bal test, also cycled a/c, injector pump/ lift pump/ check all service lights ect...
The only thing that I don't seem to have access to is the ABS system??? Might be in a later update.
If I would have had this tool 6mo ago I could have saved about $200 in trips to different shops to use scan tools. I think my total investment in this tool is $400.00.
L8r
Conley

GMC Hauler
04-13-2005, 05:54
I have discussed the body and transmission controls with them and they state they are to come in May or June....... smile.gif

moondoggie
04-13-2005, 10:44
Good Day!

Thanks - we'll look forward to your updates. With two 95's, I'd sure like to get this or something like it for my stuff.

Blessings!

Brian Johnson, # 5044

tom.mcinerney
04-13-2005, 13:28
Is this just OBDII , or OBDI also?

Dimsdale
04-13-2005, 13:32
This package sounds way better than the AutoTap program that I have. They have no bidirectional controls at all!

I am watching your progress with great interest! Hopefully, there will be some kind of DP discount (with an appropriate finder's fee or retro discount to Dvldog!!).

Dvldog 8793
04-13-2005, 17:21
Howdy
This is a OBDII only unit :( Oh well. they told GMCHauler(he's been Beta testing for them for a long time) that they will not be doing any discounts as they are using retailers, but maybe one of the DP advertisers could get hooked up with them??? Also I think the software is available on EBAY but you still need to get the enhancements from the factory. And you WILL NEED the enhancements. Also I think the latest version will 3.3
I used it on a 2003 Dodge with a 360gasser today and did eveything that he needed. Found out 2 bad O2 sensors and a possible need for a computer reprogram. Must be done at the factory.
I'll try the Windstar thursday.
L8r
Conley