PDA

View Full Version : Jerry Jardine 4" Diesel Exhaust for 6.5L Turbo Diesel

Jochen Woern
10-01-2007, 09:12
Good morning All, how are you?

I previously inquired about the upgrade of the exhaust system for my '96 Suburban and many of you provided very valuable feedback, thank you for that.
I am now planning on purchasing the 4" inch Exhaust System from "Jerry Jardine Engineering - Pinnacle Power Exhaust" as per the attached eBay listing. Price is $334.00 including shipping to my doorstep, which I think is a very good price.
(I am currently running the stock exhaust on my Burb, but have recently installed the "aFe Stage 2 Performance Air Intake").

I have received the following feedback from Jerry Jaradine Engineering:

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, August 23, 2007 1:41 PM
To: Woern, Jochen (STS US)
Subject: Re: Performance Exhaust Kit Chevy-6-5-GMC-1994-2000-4-Diesel-Exhaust-J-Jardine

--Our kits are easy to install. When it comes to holding the pipes in place
until bolted it might be helpful to have another person assist you. You
should be able to do it in less than 2 hours. If you have a question
regarding you can call our 800 number and the guys can give direction.
--All the hangers/clamps/bolts match factory location--hardware is included
with kit.
--As far as performance improvement, yes. Feedback from thousands of
customers reveal great satisfaction. You can read the "frequently asked
questions" (FAQ) on our website www.pinnaclepowerexhaust.com for more
detailed performance improvements.
--New cross member pipe not needed. The only place you can get a new one is through the dealership.

As mentioned, if questions arise during installation just call and one of
our tech's will assist. And, for as long as you own that truck, we warranty
our product against workmanship/materials/rust.
Thanks for your interest,
PinnaclePowerExhaust
1-800-934-3569

I would like to inquire with all of you JARDINE EXHAUST OWNERS out there if you agree with the feedback I received???

- What are your opinions about this system? Would you RECOMMEND this System or would you advise against it?

- Is a new cross member/cross over pipe needed? Jardine claims it is NOT needed.

Thanks in advance and Good Day!

arveetek
10-01-2007, 10:48
--New cross member pipe not needed. The only place you can get a new one is through the dealership.

I can't comment on the Jardine performance issue, but I do know the statement above is not true. There are many aftermarket crossover pipes availble. You can shop them at Kennedy Diesel, BD performance, Summit Racing, etc. That statement makes me wonder...

Jardine has been building exhaust systems for years, though.

Casey

cdndiesel
10-01-2007, 11:11
Pinnacle exhaust is very good. I put their exhaust on my 96 and it works great. Buy it, you can't go wrong for the price. Only thing to add is a chrome or stainless stell tip to finish off the exhaust. And yes the crossover is restrictive too, change it to mandrel bent from any of the suppliers in the first reply.

DennisG01
10-01-2007, 11:48
I'm happy with mine. Fitment wasn't the best, at first. But they sent me new pieces to make it right. Mandrel crossover is widely available, but it isn't always necessary to change it. Yes, a mandrel bent piece is better, but it won't make a very noticable difference. However, some stock crossovers are more restrictive than others as the inner wall has collapsed during the bending procedure (stock crossover is double wall construction). If you can get a golf ball to roll right through the crossover, it's decent enough.

Jochen Woern
10-01-2007, 12:07
Thank you all for the quick feedback, very much appreciated.

I shall buy the Jardine 4"Exhaust System and I will also look for a cross over mandrel bend pipe.

Good day.