PDA

View Full Version : New Injection Pump!

cudaaa
04-12-2005, 16:36
Hi Just got word from my dealer. I need a new injection pump! 1800.00!!!! Thanks to the diesel page and you guys I new about the 11 yr 120,000mi
pump warrenty. They were telling me that it was only 8 years! Well I won that battle! They replaced the pump! Then I Thought sence they had it tore down all the way I would have them change the timing chain! Until they wanted 800.00! for it I think I'll buy a gear drive and put that in my self! Thanks for letting me vent!!
Know for the question I wanted them to set timing at the -1.8 to -1.94 they said that is beond spec. and would void warrenty! Has anyone herd this before! Is it total BS or not! Thanks for you help it always appreciated cudaaa

charliepeterson
04-13-2005, 18:30
The dealer has to put the truck back to dealer/manufacturer specs. These timing numbers will be a TDC of -.25to-.50. If you ask to speak to the tech working on the truck one on one he might do what you want if you tip him. The paper work will have to say he didn't do this though.

ace58
04-14-2005, 02:05
When looking for a tech with a Tech II to change timing to -1.94, I tried the dealership first, and was told they would not alter from factory settings. Imagine a dealership refusing money.