PDA

View Full Version : Kev-o's ride

Kev-o
10-05-2007, 20:06
Just trying my first photo drop of my 93 pullin a 21' Eagle tunnel, It is one of the many aluminum boats we build. truck is stock except the take off's

Kev-o
10-05-2007, 20:09
The dually is a friends that used to have a turbocharged smallblock, Dart block and a pile of other trick stuff that made this 7,000+lb. truck flat out haul butt! It now has a 97 cummins, a very clean conversion.

Kev-o
10-05-2007, 20:20
Sorry folk's i just want to show you some of the toy's we build this is a 21' tunnel with an all aluminum smallblock, billet cnc machined tunnel ram, dry sumped, crank trigger ignition making 750hp. This is a detuned race motor that moves this pleasure boat down the river at 105 mph!

gmctd
10-09-2007, 15:12
Cool old blue, dude - what's the 'rest of the story' on that one?

NutNbutGMC
10-09-2007, 16:18
Sorry folk's i just want to show you some of the toy's we build this is a 21' tunnel with an all aluminum smallblock, billet cnc machined tunnel ram, dry sumped, crank trigger ignition making 750hp. This is a detuned race motor that moves this pleasure boat down the river at 105 mph!What type of drive?

Craig M
10-10-2007, 07:26
105 mph. That does not sound very pleasant.

Robyn
10-11-2007, 06:42
LOVE THE WATER TOYS :D:D:D:D:D

I used to race flat bottoms years ago.

Ran a 19ft Sanger with a Blown big block Chevy in the backseat
V drive type 1000+ Hp ( depending on our budgit at that time)

We were strictly into drag racing.
Had a river rat too that we did some water skiing with as well as the ocasional river drag with the locals.

We usually used our older race engines that were slightly detuned (NOT) in our river rat.

Too many years ago but I still get the urge to run one again.

Nothing like the feel of having 1000+ ponies screaming at 8-10K right behind your butt.

What a rush

Just remember what daddy always told us, if the prop sheds a blade it never goes down or to the side. :eek:

Lovely pix of the trucks and the boats. :D

Robyn

Robyn
10-11-2007, 06:55
Craig M

105 is a lovely trolling speed :D

Really is not bad at all once you get used to it.

I had the chance once to ride in one of the OFFSHORE racers (The big ones)
Now Im not real hot on playing in the big salty pond but that was fun.

Our river rats would always be able to run in the 100+ range easily.

The drag boats would make a lot more than that depending on the water conditions.

One of the worst things for a newbie to fast boats is to have a driver take them out and just hammer the thing right off.
I always let a new passenger get used to 50 or so and then see how they were doing. If all was well then we would try 70-80 and then if they wanted more we could reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeealy stuff the boot into it.

I had an old fellow in his 80's that was absolutely delighted to howl down the river at 100+

Took a week for him to lose the grin.
He was just such a cool dude.

Later

Robyn

Kev-o
10-13-2007, 06:53
Ol' blue is a friends truck that he has redone top to bottom sportin a 97 cummins, he was a member on this site but is no longer but should be as his wife has a nice 94 6.5 burb that he has done some nice work on as well. I will post some pics of the cummins install when i get a chance it is nice and clean.

The boats are all aluminum jet drives we have tossed around the idea of trying a v-drive boat but no one has stepped up to the plate YET!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=IMlw9bcvsFI&mode=related&search=

http://youtube.com/watch?v=juK5fx2lXvA&mode=related&search=

Enjoy!

Robyn
10-13-2007, 08:04
From a user freindly standpoint the Jet is far more forgiving and allows more room in the cockpit. ( seen too many river rats with v drives smack props on stuff in the pond)

I have run V drives as well as Jets. The last toy I had with a jet drive was a really fun little 19 Ft mini daycruiser with a Hamilton pump behind a well built 460 Ford.
Was no Lightspeed rocket but fun. Top speed was about 65 mph with 4 people in the boat.

What pumps are you using? multi stage or ???? stainless wear rings with stainless impellers??

I used to love running at full throttle and then stuffing the sucker in reverse and swapping ends with the boat.

Almost swamped it one time until I figured out how to do it right. :eek:
Scared the crap out of my passenger the first time I tried it.

Dumb crazy Blonde anyway.

All way kewl stuff. I LOVE BOATS :D More boat pics please. A 6.5 powered one would be cool. (maybe 2 of them in the back seat) :)

A twin turboed 6.5 with a reeeeeeeely tight multi stage pump that can perform at the 6.5's sweet spot would be way kewl.

Robyn

Kev-o
10-13-2007, 11:38
Robyn, Ya alot easier to hop in a jet and drivr fast compared to a hairy flat bottom V-drive ride, We use single and multi stage American turbine ,berkley and Hamilton.