PDA

View Full Version : Running louder

XFACTOR7
10-07-2007, 18:15
:confused:Has anyone noticed a difference in the engine noise or running performance after Onstar did the first diagnostics on your engine and truck?

2007 GMC 3500 CC 4X4 SLT-4SA CLASSIC DUALLY W/ EVERTHING!:D

Duramaster
10-07-2007, 19:14
HUH? :confused: What do you mean. Why is ONSTAR diagnosing your truck already? :confused:

XFACTOR7
10-07-2007, 19:30
This is part of the Onstar Service. They do it monthly.

It includes diagnostic checks on engine, air bags, ABS system, traction control, oil life,filter life, etc.

Duramaster
10-07-2007, 21:36
Have you had the air filter out and maybe didn't get it installed properly? Have you changed anything about the truck? :confused:

XFACTOR7
10-08-2007, 07:38
Haven't done anything to this truck except check fluid levels.

Had to leave the site last night so please excuse my late responce!

I know you people are very helpful to us who are new to diesels and I appreciate all the help.

I saved for 10 years to get my one and only new vehicle I've ever owned.

Had a 1977 GMC 3/4 ton HD Camper Special, Canadian Plant made,w/350 gasser, no heat no air, wonderfull truck.
Pulled 28 ft Holiday Rambler for ten years with it. That truck didn't run right unless it was pulling something.

Thought I'd get the new truck before I was too ld to enjoy it!

Dakster
10-08-2007, 18:19
I think it is coincidence. CONGRATS on the new truck, btw...

I noticed all of sudden it seemed like my truck got louder. I used to be able to order at drive-thru's without shutting down. I have to shut down now. Seeing as how nothing else has changed, it is the only thing I can think of.

Mark Rinker
10-08-2007, 18:29
I have noticed marked differences in my truck's 'diesel rattle' - mostly varys with outside temperature - maybe even humidity.

Colder = noisier.

XFACTOR7
10-08-2007, 18:49
Maybe it is just me and humidity or maybe diesel fuel changes, etc. Along with the noise came electrical functions that changed also. The seat settings were lost and the radio settings also.

Hope Kennedy comes out with a tuner for the lbz soon!

NutNbutGMC
10-08-2007, 18:59
...........Hope Kennedy comes out with a tuner for the lbz soon!

http://www.kennedydiesel.com/

It's there.

Duramaster
10-13-2007, 10:22
I haven't had any excessive engine noise complaints yet with the LMM. And we sell alot of them! :confused:

cowboywildbill
10-13-2007, 20:56
On Star called us at our home phone 4 times now. They wanted me to buy more minutes(packages)for my phone. I kept telling them not to call us any more. But that doesn't work. I'm not so sure it isn't a 3rd party telemarketer they hired. And one of them was pushy and rude high a pressure type sales person. I ended up hanging up on him he wouldn't take no for an answer. I've even been called on the On-star phones in our vehicles twice.They have also sent us letters asking if I want the dianostics checks on our vehicles done, but I declined even though it is included for no additional money. I think they may be also looking for things like power inhancments when they do the scans. I'm stock but who knows what they might do with it if they find something and you have a warranty claim down the road. I like the hands free part, but is just me or does anybody else have a system that is hard of hearing? It ask me for a command and I'll say, Call and it says name to call and I'll say the name and it will come back with a different name two out of three times. I know it is just the voice recognition, but, OH Well

Duramaster
10-13-2007, 22:17
I don't know how familiar you are with the Onstar hardware, but here are a few tips on how to make the Onstar Voice Recognition work a little better...............................

Personal Calling Commands Command
Tip for Better Result

'add'
Emphasize the 'd' at the end of the word.

'call'
Emphasize the 'l' at the end of the word.

'cancel'
Emphasize the 'l' at the end of the word. If you are speaking the 'can' syllable very quickly, try to lengthen it a little.

'clear'
Emphasize the 'r' at the end of the word.

'delete'
Emphasize the 't' at the end of the word. Do not swallow the 'd' at the start of the word.

'dial'
Emphasize the 'l' at the end of the word.

'directory'
Speak all four syllables clearly. Do not swallow the last part of the word.

'help'
Emphasize the 'h' sound at the start of the word. Emphasize the 'p' sound at the end of the word

'my number'
Emphasize all three syllables.

'no'
Speak loudly and slowly. Emphasize the 'n' sound at the start of the word. Draw out the 'o' sound at the end of the word.

'redial'
Try to emphasize and lengthen the first syllable: reee-dial

'security'
Speak four syllables clearly. Do not swallow the 'i' sound in the middle of the word.

'store'
Emphasize the 'o' sound in the middle of the word in order to distinguish from 'star'. Emphasize the 'st' sound at the start of the word in order to distinguish from 'four'.

'units'
Speak loudly and clearly.

'verify'
Speak three syllables clearly. Do not swallow the 'i' sound in the middle of the word.

'Virtual Advisor'
Emphasize both words.

'voice feedback'
Emphasize both words.

'yes'
Emphasize the 'y' sound at the start of the word. Emphasize the 's' sound at the end of the word.

'zero', 'oh'
If the system does not understand 'oh', try 'zero', or vice versa.

'one'
Emphasize the 'n' at the end of the word.

'two'
Round your lips for the 'ooo' part of the word. If you are clipping the 'ooo' very short, try to lengthen it, but do not draw it out excessively. Speak in a low pitch. Do not use a rising tone like asking a question; a falling tone like giving an answer is better.

'three'
End the word 'three' in a smile, to draw back your lips. Lengthen the 'eee' sound if you are clipping it very short.

'four'
Emphasize the 'r' at the end of the word.

'five'
Emphasize the 'v' sound.

'six'
Emphasize the 'ks' sound at the end of the word.

'seven'
Emphasize the 'n' at the end of the word. Lengthen the 'sev' syllable.

'eight'
Emphasize the 't' at the end of the word. Lengthen the 'eee' sound at the start of the word.

'nine'
Emphasize the 'n' sounds to distinguish from 'five'.

'star'
Emphasize the 'r' at the end of the word. Emphasize the 'ah' sound in order to distinguish from 'store'.

'pound'
Emphasize the 'p' at the start of the word. Emphasize the 'd' at the end of the word.

This is from the 2001 GM SI. I was unable to locate it for the 2007 Model Year. Enjoy! ;)