PDA

View Full Version : oil cooler ?'s

1bad383
10-09-2007, 19:31
I have a new 6.2 with a 6.5 top end on it am in the process of dressing it up before install. Should be a peppy little motor, once I get it running. My question is on the oil cooler. The 6.2 block has 1/2 NPT threads for the cooler fittings on the block, where as the 6.5 had 3/8 fittings. I bought a handful (like I needed more) of fittings. Problem is, when I screw the adapter in the block (1/2 to -8) then the 90* -8 cooler line, it is dangerously close to the exhaust. I can't use the old 6.5 stuff, it wont fit. What are you guys using on your 6.2 to 6.5 conversions???? Have a ton of lines and fittings already and would like to use them, if possible...

Also, what size are the oil cooler fittings on a '94. It is not 1/2" NPT or 3/8... I'm trying to make it work.

This thing must be trying to tell me something, too bad I cant understand it~!!!!

Thanks for the help!!

82blazer
10-10-2007, 16:35
Good luck. I don't know off hand what size they are but when I switched engines in blazin I wound up takeing the hoses from both and having the two ends I needed joined in the middle. NAPA did mine but any shop that does hyd. hoses will do. Hope this helps.