PDA

View Full Version : DSG - 6.5L Oil Cooler Upgrade Kit - Product Announcement

More Power
12-17-2004, 10:58
Diesel Services Group Press Release
RELEASE DATE: January 2005
9 A.M. EDT, December 15, 2004

6.5 LITRE OIL COOLER UPGRADE KIT AVAILABLE JANUARY 2005:

DSG Canada has developed a superior alternative to the OEM oil cooler and oil cooler lines that General Motors installs on their 6.5 Litre Diesel-Engine Trucks. The DSG Oil Cooler Upgrade Kit will provide our customers with unbeatable reliability and value. The kit was developed in our own engine and vehicle service department utilizing the knowledge and experience of our service technicians and engineering department. The product will hit the market on January 3, 2005 and be available from both our Saskatoon and Swift Current locations.

This kit will replace both the OEM oil cooler and the OEM oil cooler lines.

DSG determined that a solution was needed to provide our customers with a permanent way to protect their engines and reduce the service costs of their vehicles. The OEM oil cooler lines can crack and leak, which can potentially lead to severe engine failure. In addition, the OEM oil cooler, does not provide the necessary cooling capacity to keep the engine oil at less than dangerous levels when under severe operating conditions. These dangerously high temperatures can cause engine failure.

The new oil cooler kit has been designed with the above problems in mind. Manufactured using abrasion and vibration-resistant stainless steel hose and new leak-proof fittings will ensure that the oil cooler lines will not crack or leak and will outperform the original components. The upgraded oil cooler provides 50% more cooling capacity, resulting in a 30

MTTwister
12-18-2004, 16:00
MP Have they Priced it Yet?

Cooperrw
12-19-2004, 04:04
I went to their web site and couldn't find any info on this product. I now have another oil line leaking so I am thinking this will be a good time to upgrade, the last time a line started leaking it almost cost me an engine. :cool:

More Power
12-19-2004, 12:59
As I recall, their oil cooler by itself was a little spendy, but is of high quality and offers better cooling than the stock version. We've been running one of their coolers on the 6.5 Project for well over 100,000 miles.

MP

TJ
12-19-2004, 13:21
How is their cooler different? We've got about the biggest and best cooler you can get now. I think it's equivalent to the Tru-Cool H7B.

TJ

MJEasly
12-19-2004, 13:48
I can't tell from the pictures, but that cooler looks a lot like the new B&M supercooler (70274). It measures 11"x11"x1.5" and has 1/2NPT fittings.

ulhpilot
12-19-2004, 13:57
Why would this upgrade be available for '93 and up models, but not '92?

More Power
12-19-2004, 14:15
TJ, If this is the same cooler we got a few years ago, it is a higher density design than OEM. More plates - more fins....

MJE, The cooler we got from DSG had fittings that were plug-n-play compatible with the OEM 6.5 engine oil cooling lines. I think this may be a BETA cooler, manufactured in Sweden.

ulhpilot, Sounds like they'll be offering both size engine oil cooling line fittings, so this kit could work for just about any 6.2/6.5.

MP