PDA

View Full Version : Changed Injectors on the 93. Have Questions

cutlas
10-10-2007, 19:46
Previously I changed the driver side injectors and glow plugs on my 93 chev. Today I changed the passenger side without removing the turbo. I could not get the turbo off. How do you remove the bolt closest to the engine at the front? My 12 point box end wrench just rounded off the head.

john8662
10-11-2007, 07:26
This is generally why I own very very few 12-point tools, specifically because you'll almost nearly strip off the fastener's end with it being firmly stuck.

Try and get the next smaller wrench on the remains of that nut, probably a 6-point 9/16" now. But, first, do some weekend soaking with some PB Blaster, cause WD-40 ain't gonna cut it.

There are also rounded off type wrenches to remove these things tho, sold at Sears and elsewhere.

J

cutlas
10-12-2007, 07:18
I did get the injectors replaced but was wondering how others got those bolts out. Shure would have been easer with the turbo off.

daustin
10-12-2007, 09:18
I used the Kroil stuff and an extended 6 point box end wrench. Soaked the turbo bolts twice a day for a week, then removed the things.
Don

cutlas
10-12-2007, 14:50
I wish I had 6 point box end wrenches.
Christmas is comming!

daustin
10-15-2007, 05:34
Every christmas i make a list of the tools i'd like to have, give it to the wife and let her divvy out to whoever might want it. :D Us mechanical types always need something, much better than the socks or other stuff!!!
Don

Kenneth
10-15-2007, 07:15
I replaced my injectors this summer and had a bit of problems with the bolt on the manifold for the turbo. I took my 15mm box wrench and ground one side of the box so I could get the wrench in there square and used another wrench for leverage and they eventually came off without damaging any of them. I also used a good amount of wd-40.