PDA

View Full Version : How to increase fueling on a 93?

cutlas
10-10-2007, 19:53
I had the truck apart today and decided it was a good time to increase fueling a small amount and advance timing a bit. I was able to advance the timing with good results but could not get at the access plate on the side of the pump to increase fueling. Do you have to remove the intake manifold to do this?

john8662
10-11-2007, 07:20
Do some searching on the forum in regard to the specifics of turning up the pump.

Basically, though, this can be accomplished without removing the lower intake manifold.

You can access the fuel screw by removing the top cover, then the governor spring/guide-stud and rotating the pump to where the screw is accessible.

J

cutlas
10-12-2007, 07:21
I am not sure how the govoner spring comes out. Will check old posts.
Thanks

bcbigfoot
10-13-2007, 17:18
I turned up the fuel on my 93, you can get to the screw without pulling the intake. I found going into the side of the pump under the triangle cover was the only way I could get the screw to move because it can be very very tight. Going in from the top you have to use a ball socket Allen wrench. I was afraid of striping the bolt in the pump. Here is a good link on how to turn up the fuel going in from the side of the pump http://www.************.com/Diesel/injectionpump/mechanicalpump.htm and from going in from the top http://www.stylinconcepts.com/images/UploadedImages/instructions/96309.pdf page 11 of instructions.

bcbigfoot
10-13-2007, 17:25
I wouldn't do this mod until you have gauges, increased the boost with turbo master or equal and a full 3" or plus exhaust there is high risk of damaging the engine if you don't, read all the info in the Banks link on that.

stacker
10-14-2007, 17:03
Hay just turned my up. It's really not all that hard just need to remove upper intake (on the 93) remove the the throttle linakage and fast idle silinode, that out three little screws and pull the top off. then grab the old ladie to look for the screw to come up in the window grab the 5/32 ball allen and give her a little turn 1//4. I'm done, took her for a little run seems good see for real tomorrow i,ve gotta 200 miler empty.

cutlas
10-14-2007, 20:34
I was going to try 1/8th of a turn until I have gauges. The truck does not smoke at all so I think I may be under fueled. I did take off the cover for a look and was not sure how to remove the governor.

stacker
10-15-2007, 04:25
I am not sure how the govoner spring comes out. Will check old posts.
Thanks

You don't have to remove the governor, just take the top off. have someone turn the engine over by hand, while looking in the left side of the slot in the bottom of the pump, little tite but a 5/32 ball allen works great, ( later model pumps had a plastic cap over the govern head so don't miss with it just go to it a an angle. just remove your upper intake, sellynoid, 3 screws in top, get you a suction bulb to remove fuel.(note the adjustment screw in hard to see)
93 ck3500 gauges, waste gate, turned up, 3 to 3.5 exhaust, airaid, fan upgrade, turned up a 1/4