PDA

View Full Version : 83 Gmc 1500 2wd

spitfirenut
10-13-2007, 12:05
I have a 1983 GMC 1500 6.2, 2WD, 700r4 for sale. I figured I'd give you guys a shot at it before I put it on Ebay. $1500

The good-Truck has around 230k on it, but the engine is a Diesel Depot J code take out with about 100K. I have, but not installed, a nearly complete (needs the flange from the exhaust system, a crossover pipe and the wire to the EGT guage) BAE turbo setup that I pulled off of a junkyard truck, the turbo spins and seems ok, but it hasn't been checked. I also have a military block & heads, the crank is scratched in a few spots but may be able to be polished. I didn't see any cracks in the block. I also have a Humvee intake and IP. The air and PS work. Rally wheels and 4 new or less than 10K Road Hugger 255/70-15. It also has a fiberglass camper shell.

The bad-Biggie, the trans is out. Seems like the pump or converter failed. The PW are iffy. The clear is peeling.

The engine cost around $2100 when I did it and it hasn't got 10000 miles on it since then due to the transmission and a cracked flexplate. The reason I'm selling it is the tranny. It's been gone through way too many times for my liking and I'm not willing to do another $1000 transmission. Also, I inherited my father-in-law's Dakota about the same time as the tranny went out. Personally, if I were going to do anything with it, I'd be looking for a later core and it'd probably be fine. Another rebuild may do it also, but I'm not paying for it. Other than the tranny, it should be good to go.

Truck is located in Gastonia, NC just west of Charlotte.
Email is best means of contact: kg4tqe "at" gmail "dot" com
Phone is (704)867-7931 Leave message and I'll call back.

Thanks,
Don