PDA

View Full Version : ATTN: tbogemirep

dieseldummy
12-19-2004, 15:07
Did you ever get your parallel lift pumps installed? I am looking to change out the stock lift pump setup because I can easily drop the pressure to 0 psi... Just wondering how things were coming.
Justin

Turbine Doc
12-22-2004, 07:43
I've got it plumbed but not powered yet, been doing a lot of travel for work and not much driving, so the project went on the back burner, running up to 100 mph single pump lift pressure post filter just prior to IP drops to 2 psi on accel steadys out to 4 psi after getting to cruise speed running with 500lbs of cargo not towing.

My reflash added some grunt, I think in tow mode with reflash is where the extra fuel is needed to see max gain but since I haven't had a need to heavy tow since starting project can't give any data to support my theory more gpm is needed.

dieseldummy
12-22-2004, 17:48
The reason I wondered is that both old(1 year old) and new lift pumps cruising psi is 4, but on accel it easily drops to 0psi. I'm sure that towing puts vaccum on the system, but haven't got a vaccum gauge yet. I am looking at removing the stock lift pump and replacing it with a Holley Red, or Blue series pump with a regulator.

Turbine Doc
12-22-2004, 19:04
I'd check for restricted tank sock, 2 pumps going all way to 0 seems odd, is power staying on to pump

dieseldummy
12-22-2004, 19:29
Pump is wired direct to the fues box, when the key is on, the pump is on. I have been pondering pulling the tank and checking, but that is such a PITA. Even at 0 psi it still runs good, but above 3000 rpms it starts to fall off...