PDA

View Full Version : Spokane, WA or Coeur d'Alene, ID DP members?

Mark Rinker
10-15-2007, 21:17
Yours truly is in Spokane and needs advice on the closest medium duty service center in the area.

Known injector problem (mentioned too many miles ago on another thread) took a major turn for the worse...on the road. I missed my service opportunity while the truck/trailer sat in Seattle for over two weeks (...long story...don't ask...), and had decided to get back to Minneapolis for local service. Up until today, the smoking would come and go, only apparent at idle, no oil dilution, no rattle, no power loss.

Tonight I heard a definate rattle, felt power loss, and am seeing plenty of smoke visible at speed. Slowed way down until the rattle subsided, and shut it down within 30 miles at Spokane.

Can't seem to find info on certified medium duty dealers using GM's own website using ZIP codes of both cities mentioned in this title...posting this on the Duramax and Medium Duty forums in hopes of hearing from someone local and in the know...

More Power
10-15-2007, 21:29
If you were closer to Missoula, I'd recommend Demarios GMC. The sell & service medium duty trucks. They have a first rate Duramax tech.

Dave Smith Motors in Kellogg, ID is one of the largest dealers in the NW. I'm sure they would know who in the area is good with the GM medium-duty trucks (if not themselves).

Give me a call if you need anything else....

Jim

Mark Rinker
10-15-2007, 21:30
Yours truly is in Spokane and needs advice on the closest medium duty service center in the area.

Known injector problem (mentioned too many miles ago on another thread) took a major turn for the worse...on the road. I missed my service opportunity while the truck/trailer sat in Seattle for over two weeks (...long story...don't ask...), and had decided to get back to Minneapolis for local service. Up until today, the smoking would come and go, only apparent at idle, no oil dilution, no rattle, no power loss.

Tonight I heard a definate rattle, felt power loss, and am seeing plenty of smoke visible at speed. Slowed way down until the rattle subsided, and shut it down within 30 miles at Spokane.

Can't seem to find info on certified medium duty dealers using GM's own website using ZIP codes of both cities mentioned in this title...posting this on the Duramax and Medium Duty forums in hopes of hearing from someone local and in the know...

Mark Rinker
10-15-2007, 21:47
Thanks for the info, Jim. I was planning to call when I had an ETA on your location...just didn't make it that far!

Duramaster
10-15-2007, 22:25
Portland, Oregon = DSU Peterbilt & GMC. That's where I work! Here, Check it out................ http://www.dsutrucks.com/

I've been there almost thirteen years and I work on alot of DMAX's. :D

JeepSJ
10-16-2007, 01:09
Closest I could find were in Walla Walla and Boise, both of which are probably a little far. The GM website really sucks.

I did find this dealer -

Clark Kinney Ph: 866-202-1832
Fax: 509-534-5014 Rocky Mountain Truck Sales of Spokane 124 S Howe - Spokane, WA 99212 - USA
They might be able to refer you to a shop.

Good luck!

Mark Rinker
10-16-2007, 06:19
Won't be making it back in that direction!

Can you suggest the best Medium Duty dealer, similar to yours - in my location?

Mark Rinker
10-16-2007, 06:21
Thanks. I am amazed at HOW BAD their dealer locator is for Medium Duty stuff.

I need a miracle here...and am wondering if its possible...

Duramaster
10-16-2007, 06:56
Ok, So if I have to turn you over to the COMPETITION......................... try these................. Camp Chevrolet 509-456-7890 or Inland White GMC 509-535-4643. Best of luck! :)

And BTW, you should be able to take your C-4500 to ANY light duty dealer. They are sold at LIGHT DUTY dealers after all (the scums!!!) I can't believe these dealers have the right to sell but don't want nothing to do with the service!!!

Mark Rinker
10-16-2007, 07:54
Headed over to Camp Chevrolet this morning. Thanks for your help!

Duramaster
10-16-2007, 10:41
Darn it! And just think, I thought that I was going to meet a TDP Celebrity!!! :D

Mark Rinker
10-16-2007, 12:53
More like a wayward, wandering diesel vagabond...(from Starbucks wifi connection down the street from the Camp GM...)

So far so good, Service Advisor has been first rate. Waiting for my timeslot. Injectors are VIN dependent, so they don't know if they have the right ones in stock yet...huh? You got the VIN, right???

"Patience Mark, patience"...my Mom used to say.

Patience my butt. I'm late.

EdHale
10-16-2007, 14:52
Go check out that floating green while there. It is a bear to hit with a golf ball. Ed

a5150nut
10-16-2007, 20:38
Robins not that far away. Mabe you can get her to help! :D

Duramaster
10-16-2007, 20:53
Make sure and ask in a nice way if they also will make sure thath they clean, inspect and replace the injector line as per bulletin 03-06-04-036A. It refers to the inspection process of the injector lines. The LB7 engines are susceptible to rust build up in the injector lines where they pass through the upper rocker covers. Of course if you are paying for this injector repair then the lines are costing you, but if it is warranty then no biggie. If you are not familiar with this bulletin, you should at least ask to see it. ;)

Mark Rinker
10-17-2007, 07:09
The truck is getting 8 new injectors at the ripe old age of 43K miles...unreal. I will ask about the injector lines today. The engine on the C4500 sits up high and doesn't get road spray. It stays very clean and rust free, compared to the K2500s I have. Also is not a plow truck, so it doesn't eat the snow/salt/sand mix that the K2500s do when plowing. Expecting that the lines will be reused.

Took until 2PM for them to get the truck in, by 3:30 or so they were also convinced of the injectors. Service tech is knowledgable and agreeable.

I am a little concerned that it took ALL DAY before anyone checked on part availability. (If you have the VIN, you can check on parts availability BEFORE the tech is free for diagnostics, right?) That internal process might cost me an additional day here in town...I have been promised the truck by end of business Thursday or sooner.

Stuck here in Spokane for three days, so rented a car and going to do some marketing for www.MREMarine.com (http://www.MREMarine.com) in Couer D'ALene, Id. Nice day to go look at some big boats.

Duramaster
10-17-2007, 17:21
Uhhhhhhhhhh............... The injectors are usually TWO days out once ordered unless they are ordered too late in the day. Then you are looking at a third day. And don't forget that it is a 9 hour job on the C-4500/ 5500 series trucks. And as far as the rust goes, it doesn't matter. I just did a 82,000 mile "TUNE-UP" on a C-4500 furniture delivery truck. I ended up replacing 7 out of 8 injector lines. After having to replace just one set of lines, I have requested that our parts department stock at least two sets of lines. I think we now stock at least 4 sets. Sorry to burst your bubble, I am just stating the facts. Keep us posted. :o

Mark Rinker
10-18-2007, 08:56
As of Thursday AM, all injectors are sourced and drivers side apart. Tech is cleaning and reusing lines. Can't argue, they are bright, shiny and clean even at the flare nuts.

Vehicle is to be finished today, as originally estimated.

See my other thread on the DMax forum regarding other related services.

Mark Rinker
10-20-2007, 08:37
HOME! Got out of Spokane with 8 new injectors and rolled 1,400 miles home to Minneapolis on I90/I94 in exact 36 hours total.

Truck seems to have found a little better mileage and better gear holding power. Averaged 10.8 at 68mph (2200rpm) with GCVW of ~19,000#

a5150nut
10-20-2007, 12:18
Glad you made it Mark. It's a PITA to be stuck out on the road. Hope you made the best of it while stranded. Now, just thinkl, one more good story to tell...................
:D

Mark Rinker
10-20-2007, 13:08
Like most of lifes challenges, its how you perceive and react to the situation. I knew it was coming...

If you need good service in Spokane, look up BJ (Service Advisor) and Doug (Tech) at Camp Chevrolet in downtown Spokane. They were good guys, did what they said they would do in the timeframe they said they could get it done.

Can't ask for more than that these days.