PDA

View Full Version : Need opinions on my new rig...

jpgreen
10-15-2007, 21:37
Hya all... I was a member here when I got my 84 6.2 jimmy, and have valued the input and info for all these years. Had my engine rebuilt be diesel depot. Where'd they go?

Anyway it was time for a newer nicer truck, and my budget could not afford a Duramax which would be nice, so I settled for a 1995 Chevy extended cab in 6.5l today.

It has a after market turbo, not Banks like my other truck, but I think B&D with 4" exhaust all the way back. High mileage truck with 190k on the Speedo, but very well kept and very tight cruising down the road. Pretty much all stock as I can tell.

It runs good but smokes- not on startup and idle, but on excelleration. Starts on a dime. Decent power. Don't know the history of the truck.

What would be the prudent thing to do with this truck to try and get the most life left before a new engine? I'm going to add a Racor fuel filter. The temp seems to be near 210 on the stock gage.

I want to drive back east to pick up a skid steer, and tow it back so I need to go through the truck and make it dependable as possible.

What tips would you'all suggest for a 1995 6.5?