PDA

View Full Version : Warranty injector service - whats included?

Mark Rinker
10-18-2007, 07:46
Question for those GM techs in the know:

When performing warranty injector service, what related services are included?

Fuel filter?
Oil and filter?
Injector lines?My local dealer included oil and filter in the service. They did not cover the lines, which I sourced and supplied to them for a fraction of the cost of what they quoted new from GM.

Where are the rules? Are they in print, or discretionary?

Duramaster
10-18-2007, 19:22
Here is how I look at it and how I do it........................ The bulletin and/ or special policy say nothing about the oil and filter nor does it say anything about the fuel filter. The "BULLETIN" not the special policy used to state replace the fuel filter. Neither of them mention the oil fill tube gasket that is required on the medium duty trucks. It has to be removed for the left bank injector service. Anyway, if there is fuel in the oil from the defective injectors, then I change the oil and filter. I almost always replace the fuel filter unless I can see that it is a new filter. As far as the injector lines go, the special policy references the bulletin for diagnostic procedures and repairs as well as mentioning the injector line inspection and replacement. Therefore, I am doing as GM requested, following the rules. We have never had a claim denied yet for excessive parts claimed and we have worked on alot of DMAX's. :cool: