PDA

View Full Version : 01 Injector/ Programer?

jdmurphy
10-18-2007, 15:38
I have an 01 Duramax
I have the Edge ( Attitude with Juice ) installed
The dealer is replacing my injectors for the tird time.
They say that the injectors needing replace because of the programer:confused:.
My first set of injectors were at 80,000 miles and the edge was not installed till 125,000.
I no the warranty has been extended for 250,00 miles on the injectors, and to have them do that sends up the red flag.
Is it possible for the edge product to effect the injectors, and does the dealer have the right to claim this?
Thanks for any reply
JDM

Mark Rinker
10-18-2007, 15:48
I believe your 2001's warranty is good only until 200K miles on injectors...

If I were the service manager, and had made good on the warranty not once - but twice already on the same vehicle - I'd be looking for a root cause.
My opinion? In motorsports - "When we play, we pay". Even when its not fair.

Where are you pumping your fuel? How often are you changing fuel filters? Most agree that rapid injector failure is due to fuel quality, not fuel rate.

You might consider removing all traces of the Edge, and looking for one last warranty job at another dealership down the road. Most are pretty quick to honor the warranty. Otherwise, buck up and consider it a lesson learned!

mark45678
10-18-2007, 17:55
your dealer is full of CHIT , my buddy's 2002 truck that has been 100% stock every day of its life needed injectors at 89,000 mile and he finaly had it done at 97,000 when it filled the crank case with fuel !

Kennedy
10-18-2007, 18:03
My first question is what steps have YOU taken to prevent this from happening again?

markelectric
10-18-2007, 18:22
OK John as a new to me 01 Dura owner whit a new set installed just befofe I bought it, You have my attention. I have been reading about this 01 and trying to educate myself but have not seen the answer to that question yet.
Mine has an edge on it now but am trying to save enough coin to do your reprogram. I have a couple of Dodges that has been reprogramed by an individual and fully believe in it.

jdmurphy
10-22-2007, 18:51
your dealer is full of CHIT , my buddy's 2002 truck that has been 100% stock every day of its life needed injectors at 89,000 mile and he finaly had it done at 97,000 when it filled the crank case with fuel !

I agree, the dealers before this one had no problem with the edge product, in fact they sell it.

jdmurphy
10-22-2007, 18:52
My first question is what steps have YOU taken to prevent this from happening again?
Other than change the fuel filter reg, ( every other oil change ) what else can i do?

jdmurphy
10-22-2007, 19:09
I believe your 2001's warranty is good only until 200K miles on injectors...

If I were the service manager, and had made good on the warranty not once - but twice already on the same vehicle - I'd be looking for a root cause.
My opinion? In motorsports - "When we play, we pay". Even when its not fair.

Where are you pumping your fuel? How often are you changing fuel filters? Most agree that rapid injector failure is due to fuel quality, not fuel rate.

You might consider removing all traces of the Edge, and looking for one last warranty job at another dealership down the road. Most are pretty quick to honor the warranty. Otherwise, buck up and consider it a lesson learned!
I understand the pay to play but i have not treated the truck as a hot rod after installing the edge, it was a means for better fuel economy.
I have a number of other friends with the same issue and do not have the edge.
I get my fuel from stations that have a lot of deisel traffic, part of the post was to gather some opinions from people that may have had this problem to try and narrow down the root cause without the expense of seek and find from the dealership.
Thanks, i would love to consider this a lessoned learned when i have been educated as to why this is happening.
How bout dem cowboys!

Back to class:)

jdmurphy
10-23-2007, 19:17
Has anybody determined why the injectors are going bad?
Would the FASS Pump system help with the GM injector problems?
Is there any aftermarket injector's available ( better than the factory ) for the 01?
Kennedy, Is your fuel/pump system the same as the FASS Pump?
Thanks

mark45678
10-24-2007, 17:45
Other than change the fuel filter reg, ( every other oil change ) what else can i do?

I feel the 2001~2003 lb7 trucks with the miles put on them before GM did a rethink on the fuel filter design didnt stand a chance at long service . My feeling is now GM has a better filter media but not still as good as you can find in aftermarket add on systems. JK like otheres have been working hard at providing a great product for consumers looking to make filtration issues like this a go away.