PDA

View Full Version : hard starting when engine warm

staszekgra
10-21-2007, 07:08
I replace recently all glow plugs,glow plug relay (used one, not new) and batteries. when engine is cold everything is OK, GP indicator lights for abt 8-10 secs, then good start. If I put the truck for a while (20-30 min) I can't start it, there is good cranking, no GP lights. Before changes when temperature was above 65* the truck started hard but always (when warm engine ---right up)...I don't know what to think;

staszekgra
10-21-2007, 07:15
right now no starting, GP lights ok but no cranking, batteries are Ok. the truck is dead...must be starter...

93GMCSierra
10-21-2007, 11:36
I would check your lift pump, an Injection pump as well, I dont know if there was problems with them on a 6.2 but on my 6.5 they caused warm start issue's.

staszekgra
10-24-2007, 16:53
starter went out, I had to finish it off while cranking... It is possible that all the problems with hard starting in cold weather is low engine compression or air in the system or something else...? I don't know exactly how many miles on the engine...

ccatlett1984
10-25-2007, 16:53
in your first post you said that you had good cranking but no GP light. you could have a bad sensor on the engine. there is a sensor that tells the engine when it is hot enough to not need the plugs to start.