PDA

View Full Version : Turbo trouble

DAZYDG
10-24-2007, 06:10
I was referred here from another forum and I hope some one can give me some insight on whats going on with my truck, here is the scoop.

It all started a few months ago, towing my Jeep it would puff out a lot of smoke (black) going up hills and such. Took it to the shop and they detemined it was the injector pump. After that no smoke but would not spool properly. Second shop replaced the boost pressure sensor. Still not spooling correctly. Third shop replaced turbo, still not spooling properly. Spools at start up, going down hills, and once in a while at random. Basically it runs like a regular diesel that doesnt have a turbo charger. It is not tossing out any codes, but that doesnt mean that there isnt something wrong somewhere. There arent any obvious symptoms, runs smooth, no smoke except for a little gray when you stomp on it.

Any ideas on where to go from here? I will continue to read the past threads on the subject, but any thoughts are welcome!

Thanks

More Power
10-24-2007, 11:35
A number of criteria need to be met before a boost code will set. One of them is 2500+ engine rpm.

The 1994 and newer 6.5's use a computer controlled vacuum system to control turbo boost pressure. No vacuum due to a bad vac pump, a leaking line, bad wastegate solenoid or unintentional crossing the in/out lines at the solenoid can prevent the turbo from developing boost pressure.

Jim