PDA

View Full Version : JK Exhaust and Other Goodies!

gvt
12-21-2004, 10:10
I paid a visit to JK last Thursday for an exhuast (3.5"), ecm reflash, boost controller, glow plugs, and a headlight booster kit. Wow! What a difference! I discovered that my truck has a turbo charger AND I can actually hear it! We did not dyno the truck, but seat-of-the-pants difference is very noticable. The stock L56 has always been very sluggish, it is now much more responsive throughout the rpm range. We also did a before and after TD-Max boost controller run, so needless to say I came home with that too!

I installed the light booster kit myself at home. It really seems to brighten the stock bulbs and the install was very simple.

I am now in the process of installing the boost and pyro gauges that I bought about 2 years ago. Hopefully that will be all for me.

Now I really wish I hadn't waited so to apply the knowledge that I picked up here on the Diesel Page. Thanks everyone!

AndyL
12-21-2004, 11:30
I didn't realize JK had his reflash available yet?

gvt
12-21-2004, 11:57
AndyL,
Sorry for the confusion, not a JK reflash, just went from L56 to L65. Thanks

Kennedy
12-21-2004, 14:58
Actually, I do have the reflash exchange program up and running now. I just did an OE program for Greg.

Greg, Nice sketch on the Thank you note. I put it on my refirgerator...

AndyL
12-21-2004, 16:21
Thanks JK, what aftermarket programs do you have running?

Kennedy
12-22-2004, 08:58
We've been running various tunes on my 96 (now owned by Karl) with good success. Especially cold starts with the reduced compression. Things are still evolving, but then again most every good product is continually refined...