PDA

View Full Version : Steering Column TSB?

jsmiracle
10-25-2007, 08:56
Can anyone help me with a TSB for the "popping" or "rattling" feeling in the steering column?

I took my truck to a dealer and had it cycled (@26k mi.) and the service guy said I'd be back in about 10k mi......he was correct. It is starting the same behavior, but now I'm over 36k mi. for the work to be done under warranty.

Thanks,
Jim M.

KBBEAS
12-02-2007, 14:14
My Alldata Tells Me That They Have A Newly Designed Steering Shaft P/n 19153614 With A Bigger Yoke To Correct The Problem. I Need One Too. All Late Models Ive Drove Have The Same Sound/feeling In The Steering Column. Check With Gm Again And Ask About That P/n#.

jsmiracle
12-10-2007, 19:31
Thanks for the P/N. I am taking it in tomorrow to be fixed...again. It was fixed at 23,000 mi. and the problem returned just after the warranty expired. I don't believe the first fix involved a new part, only redistributing the lube inside. I called Chevy and they are going to cover this fix:).

Thanks again,
Jim M.

Roy W
12-11-2007, 20:10
Hi Jim,

I had the intermediate steering shaft on my '05 repacked twice. By the third time I went in to the dealer with the rattle, GM had developed a new shaft to correct the problem. I was also out of warranty, but because they had record of the problem there was no charge.

jsmiracle
12-11-2007, 21:15
I changed the appt. to tomorrow morning, so this info. still helps. One of the previous posters mentioned AllData service. I have a subscription to the service, but for some reason, did not think to consult them. There is a bulletin change that requires replacement of the intermediate shaft vice just repacking. I printed the TSB and will take it in tomorrow.

Thanks everyone,
Jim.

P.S. Roy, the Aux Fuel Tank is wonderful....

jsmiracle
12-16-2007, 19:10
All,

Thanks for your help.

KBBEAS, thanks particularly for the reference to AllData. I have a couple of subscriptions and looked up the revised TSB for the steering column. I then printed it out, but did not need it. A local dealer replaced the intermediate steering shaft. No charge.:)

Thanks,
Jim M.