PDA

View Full Version : Gm-8 Turbine Exhaust Port Size?

DA BIG ONE
10-27-2007, 06:17
Any of you know what the turbine exhaust port size is on a GM-8?

DennisG01
10-27-2007, 08:36
You're in luck - My turbo is currently sitting on my workbench! Do you mean where it mounts to the manifold? The turbo flange opening/port is 1 7/8 x 2 3/8. But, the corners are radiused and the opposing sides of the opening aren't completely square to each other (widths might vary by about 1/32 to 1/16. I *believe* the mount is a TC3 classification/size.

DA BIG ONE
10-27-2007, 11:36
You're in luck - My turbo is currently sitting on my workbench! Do you mean where it mounts to the manifold? The turbo flange opening/port is 1 7/8 x 2 3/8. But, the corners are radiused and the opposing sides of the opening aren't completely square to each other (widths might vary by about 1/32 to 1/16. I *believe* the mount is a TC3 classification/size.

Need the size (cross section at wheel) where exhaust exits turbine and before the elbow to downpipe.

Thanks

DennisG01
10-27-2007, 11:51
Oh, I see. I wasn't sure. I hadn't planned on taking the turbo apart any further than I already have, but if no one else comes up with what you need in the next couple of days, let me know. Unless I start feeling ambitious and have some free time - I might pull it apart just for the heck of it, anyway.