PDA

View Full Version : twaddle

Barry Nave
01-11-2006, 11:52
Were you not the man that sloved a code 35 by replacing somthing on top of the pump.

twaddle
01-11-2006, 15:48
Quote from Bnave95
"Twaddle, Were you not the man that sloved a code 35 by replacing somthing on top of the pump."

Nope, Don't think so. I haven't had any codes with any of the stalling faults I've had over the years. (touch wood quick)

Do you mean the Optical decoder, the fella concerned had pictures on his web site?

If so I think he was from Sweden or Norway, don't think he is a DP member anymore.

Regards

Jim Twaddle
Biggar, Scotland

Barry Nave
01-11-2006, 23:57
Yes then your right. I have seen these pic's and how he done it. It is in here some were.I've seen it yet can's find the post.Wish now I would of save that post or at lest printed it out.
My wife says I go through to much ink :D
Thanks. I'm sure a member will see this and help

kevin77
01-12-2006, 02:50
actually I did a quick search of the forum and it was an outside link - http://www.mamut.com/homepages/Norway/3/4/royh/newsdet9.htm

that had the procedure for changing the optical encoder.

Kevin

Barry Nave
01-12-2006, 03:01
Thats it. Thanks you sir.
To any one: Pros and cons to do this as a DIYS.
Truck runs fine and I hate myself if I killed it :mad:
Any one know a part# for the optosensor?

JohnC
01-12-2006, 14:01
Barry: DTC 35 is a fuel solenoid closure code and I doubt if the optical sensor would have any effect on it. It could be a flakey solenoid or maybe the wiring between the solenoid and the FSD. Since you've tried at least 2 different FSD's I'd expect that isn't the issue, although under normal cirmstances it could be as the circuitry that reports solenoid closure time is part of the FSD.

Barry Nave
01-13-2006, 02:40
My thinking also. The cooler mounted FSD was doing the same thing. Then the SOL-D came out so I gave it a try and the code went away.Then in Aug. I started driving many interstate roads and the ses started again. 35-36 bounced around,some 78 but that was not a big deal. Chris sent me another SOL-D #3 but did not change anything. Ask Chris about the one I sent back and replyed that it was OK. Something I remember last year at this time with the first SOL-D that had the washer issue. My first SOL-D may not have been bad after all. Construction work was slow,ended up working inside building these modle homes.
Drove truck only once to work,cold raining temps around 35*. Truck sat for 10hrs. Would not start.Back up FSD started. Did think about the cold issue we have now. After that I drove wife van. Thats when Chris sent #2 unit. But did not have to drive the diesel,wife did.She had no trouble but truck sat in heated garage. Had I of drove the truck last year even after #2 unit I may have seen the cold issue and wondered why truck still won't start :confused: